zarah 08/04/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Newbie here

Hey am Zarah am new here.
Been finally diagnosed on the 27th March this year with rrme. Finally managing to get my head round it but like a rollercoaster of emotions. Hopefully starting treatment soon after more blood tests (feel like a pin cushion lol). Neuro thinks I’ve had ms for awhile due to the lesions on mri scan that’s went in-noticed thinking it was something else. So be prepared for looks of questions in the future lol.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @zelah, welcome aboard! There have been lots of posts from newly-diagnosed just lately so you’re in good company! The search box top left is a great way of sifting through specific posts. But try not to overeload yourself too much at this stage and give Dr Google a wide berth as that information is just way too random and vague. Hope you are feeling OK and slowly, slowly, slowly coming to terms with this new way of being x

zarah
2 months ago

Hey @vixen
Been feeling good in myself lately dunno if it’s the relief of finally being diagnosed as been in limbo land since jan. Just keep telling everyone who knows (close friends and family) it’s a new chapter/lifestyle. Long may the positivity continue lol.

clareh
2 months ago

Hey @zarah

Another fairly new to all this here! Diagnosed last March but just started treatment on Friday which has made it all very real! Just thought I’d say hi anyhoo 🙂

zarah
2 months ago

Hey @clareh

Am getting more blood tests done as need to check for a antibody n hopefully I will be starting treatment soon.

peterfrancis
2 months ago

Hi Zarah and welcome to the site.

After I had my first MRI, I was told similar to you that from the scan it looked as though I had, has MS for several years and the amount of lesions present was the most the Neurologist had seen in someone my age.

Any ideas of what treatments yo are going to be advised to take?.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @zarah and welcome.

Whilst I can appreciate the relief you feel at receiving a diagnosis, a couple of weeks is a very short of period of time to take this diagnosis on board.

What I am saying is that the emotional rollercoaster of acceptance of this diagnosis may not be over for you yet. So, just be wary of your mood fluctuating in the days, weeks, months to come.

Anyway, good advice from @vixen above. So, sit down, put your feet up and have a look around. 😉

zarah
2 months ago

Hey @stumbler I know I’ve got a long way to go accepting my diagnosis just caught me in a good mentally day. Mood swings don’t cut it more like mood roundabouts the past weeks/months lol.

Hey @peterfrancis given a few options for treatment going for the tysabri getting blood work for jcv antibody this week so hopefully be starting treatment soon

stumbler
2 months ago

@zarah , enjoy the good days, as this will make the bad days more bearable. 😉

makkymee
2 months ago

Hi @zarah

Welcome to the world of being a pin cushion and riding the emotional rollercoaster that is not as fun as rollercoasters at the fairground. The good news for us is medicine has advanced so much so there is a lot of choice.

Shift.ms is full of great information and people who can answer questions or point you in the right direction so it’s good that you found it so soon.

Remember that now you do HAVE to go on sunny holidays for medicinal purposes as you need to top up your vitamin D 😁

Makky

zarah
2 months ago

Already been pricing holidays @makkeymee 😂

grandma
2 months ago

Hi Zarah and welcome, you will have so many questions and at times it can seem like the world is crashing in on you. Take a deep breath, sit back and relax, nothing worse than stress for ms.

As you have probably gathered by the name I’m one of the old codgers round here, have had the beast for 25 years but I’m still here, still fighting, and medical science has made such strides in recent years that the diagnosis is no longer the life sentence it used to be, so good luck for the future and don’t forget we are always here for a chat, a moan, a shoulder to cry on or anything else.😍

rosiemcgx
2 months ago

Hi Zarah,

I’m a newbie around here too (just joined today!) I was diagnosed on a Thursday with RRMS after a bit of whirlwind – 4 weeks from symptoms starting to diagnosis. It turns out I actually had my first episode about 2 years ago. I’ve been referred to the MS centre so I’m waiting for my appointment there to discuss treatment etc. I’m actually feeling really grateful for the speed of it all and like you my diagnosis came on a positive outlook day! I’m so happy to have found this forum and hope we can help each other figure out this whole MS business! X

zarah
2 months ago

Hey rosiemcgx

Glad you got your diagnosis so quick. My Neuro thinks I’ve had mine mayb years but who can say for deff cos if my job as a nursery nurse always put it down to working wiv wee ones/furniture.
Hopefully you will hear what treatment you can get when u go to your ms centre am getting more blood tests again (feel like a pin cushion) before I start my treatment.
Am sure we both with the wonderful people here can help us in this new chapter of our lives 😁 keeping the positive feeling

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @rosiemcgx and welcome. Gosh, I thought 4 months for me was quick! Historically, some people took 20 years to be diagnosed, so things have really advanced. Enjoy shift x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.