karmenms 19/12/17
Last reply 3 months ago
New Years

I just wanted to complain and tell you all that I have a spinal tap on the 28th of December and that I will be spending my New Years in bed..I actually don’t mind it as much as I thought I would (I will watch some good TV and eat some delicious and healthy food) ! But just wanted to see if anyone else here is having similar plans ? 🙂
Take care you all,

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 months ago

@karmenms , no similar plans, but it’s wise to err on the side of caution.

You’ll probably be up and dancing in time to see the New Year in. 😉

3 months ago

i once was in mri scan during this time. i enjoyed how it was blowing my ears off lol

3 months ago

Hi Karmen, Good Luck I hope all goes well!!! My son Ben is going for one on 13 of January. He was meant to go today but is going to Sweden on Thursday so I thought it was best to put it off till the new year as he will be flying and lugging suitcases around, so not a good idea! Let us know how you get on and enjoy the rest! Great excuse for being waited on hand and foot,
don’t waste it!!!! x

3 months ago

Good luck & rest as much as possible. I’ll be chilling out maybe not eating as healthy 🙈 but eating & drinking not.to excess though! 😊

3 months ago

Hi @karmenms I had my lumbar puncture in 2000 at about 2pm. I was. Told to lie flat for the rest of the day, rest the following day then back to normal. Hopefully you’ll be told the same!

3 months ago

Hello there, at least it will be out of the way and you can start the New Year with a clear slate! One thing about my experience last year; I had the LP and felt fine afterwards even though I was told to rest. I went to work the next day and took it easy then met friends for lunch on the second day afterwards. But then a very severe headache kicked in and I was laid up for many days. I guess I brought it on myself.

Everyone is different, as we know. But if I could offer advice; go home after, lay flat/sofa for at least a couple of days. Get people running around after you, chill and take it easy. Don’t go out and about walking. If I had followed this advice, I would have been fine afterwards. But I didn’t allow myself time for the spinal fluid to recalibrate levels. Another person I know did exactly that after a LP and sailed through afterwards. All the best, rest up and be pampered! Xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.