Last reply 9 months ago
New Years

I just wanted to complain and tell you all that I have a spinal tap on the 28th of December and that I will be spending my New Years in bed..I actually don’t mind it as much as I thought I would (I will watch some good TV and eat some delicious and healthy food) ! But just wanted to see if anyone else here is having similar plans ? 🙂
Take care you all,
Karmen

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

@karmenms , no similar plans, but it’s wise to err on the side of caution.

You’ll probably be up and dancing in time to see the New Year in. 😉

nutshell88
9 months ago

i once was in mri scan during this time. i enjoyed how it was blowing my ears off lol

bensdad
9 months ago

Hi Karmen, Good Luck I hope all goes well!!! My son Ben is going for one on 13 of January. He was meant to go today but is going to Sweden on Thursday so I thought it was best to put it off till the new year as he will be flying and lugging suitcases around, so not a good idea! Let us know how you get on and enjoy the rest! Great excuse for being waited on hand and foot,
don’t waste it!!!! x

tish22
9 months ago

Good luck & rest as much as possible. I’ll be chilling out maybe not eating as healthy 🙈 but eating & drinking not.to excess though! 😊

Anonymous
9 months ago

Hi @karmenms I had my lumbar puncture in 2000 at about 2pm. I was. Told to lie flat for the rest of the day, rest the following day then back to normal. Hopefully you’ll be told the same!

vixen
9 months ago

Hello there, at least it will be out of the way and you can start the New Year with a clear slate! One thing about my experience last year; I had the LP and felt fine afterwards even though I was told to rest. I went to work the next day and took it easy then met friends for lunch on the second day afterwards. But then a very severe headache kicked in and I was laid up for many days. I guess I brought it on myself.

Everyone is different, as we know. But if I could offer advice; go home after, lay flat/sofa for at least a couple of days. Get people running around after you, chill and take it easy. Don’t go out and about walking. If I had followed this advice, I would have been fine afterwards. But I didn’t allow myself time for the spinal fluid to recalibrate levels. Another person I know did exactly that after a LP and sailed through afterwards. All the best, rest up and be pampered! Xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.