5 years ago
New Year

Hi All,

Happy new Year… one of my resolutions to think about MS less and get back to being me and to stop being so damn scared of life. Anyone have any clue how to do this?

Any tips would be great! 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

@mrshawk, it’s an acquired skill which can take some time to gain. It can take up to a year from diagnosis, but everyone is different.
You seem to have the will to make it happen, so you may acquire this skill sooner.
🙂

I did it by keeping an MS diary. (I’ve posted this elsewhere but at the risk of boring you will repeat it). I made a sort of database of symptoms and scored each daily from v. serious through to nothing. In parallel I made an exercise tally, counting for example number of lengths swum, time spent in gym. The deal I made with myself was that at the point of filling in the daily log I would concentrate on how the day had gone, fill in the spaces, perhaps look back and see how the week was shaping up … but then STOP THINKING ABOUT ANYTHING MS-RELATED. I only stopped doing this two years ago (dxd in 2003). But I have to admit that the entries got terser over time and then the magic day came when I realised that – actually – I didn’t need to do it any more! Now the diary entries are much more boring!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.