Last reply 3 months ago
New to this group.

Hi all.
I just wondered if anyone is going through the PIP appeal process.
I am waiting for a hearing date.
I was previously on DLA. I lodged my appeal in October. My update from tribunal services will be on the 4 th of February.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@juliemary , @grandma may be able to help. She’s further along the Appeals process than you.

grandma
4 months ago

@juliematy I’ve just seen Stumblers post. I appealed with my DLA/PIP when it was all taken away. All basics were reinstated within 6 weeks, but my mobility car was taken away last February, got to go to court to get it back. Had a date for 3rd Dec. after 11 mths of waiting despite tribunal saying our court date would be 6-8 months from appeal. Disabled Taxi never turned up to take me to court. Waited in pouring rain, got bad chest infection, lawyer called ambulance (from the court when I called him in tears saying I couldn’t get there) spent a week in hospital as a result. Waiting for new court date. Upshot of all this is, they don’t do things in a hurry especially if you’ve got ms. Tribunal service deals with petty crime, family disputes etc. We’re bottom of the list. Will continually be shoved farther and further down ‘the list

grandma
4 months ago

Got interrupted, we are not important enough, get everyone that you can think of involved. Call on local councillors, mp, local newspapers etc., it probably won’t make any difference but you’ll feel better if you’re doing something. The government that made this decision does not care. They did it as a cost saving exercise, quite rightly in the sense of thousands of people are illegally claiming PIP. They are going for the soft targets, people who find it very difficult to fight back. In the last year, as I’ve stopped walking basically, mr council have installed a through lift and a big ramp, but mr government says I am insufficiently disabled to warrant my mobility car! work that one out. Remember to not take it personally, you are just a number and they don’t know you and your situation and don’t care. You will have to battle for your rights, I have a government letter from 26 years ago stating that my top level of DLA was awarded for life, I said I was going to take them to court when they took it all away, was told you can’t with the government. Each serving government can legally make Its own rules and there us nothing you can do about it so you have to fight your own corner. I do understand though that things are getting easier, they realise they have made a massive mistake and are trying to redress the balance as quickly as possible and as you’ve started later than me you might get things things moving more quickly. Don’t give up, keep fighting!🥊👹🙏🏻😍

Anonymous
3 months ago

This is not my first experience of a tribunal.
I was awarded DLA in 2009. I got a life time award.
Then following a assessment in 2013 I went to appeal. It was overturned in my favour. Fast forward to last January I had to apply for PIP. In June they awarded me standard for mobility and nothing for care.
I am extremely lucky to have kept my car. Mobility started a scheme where if you had been a customer in a certain time frame I could keep my car right up to an appeal however long it takes. The m.s society are making the payments on my behalf. I realise I could be waiting a very long time for a date.
Last October we saw a man at Nottingham CAB who is employed by the m.s society. He is now my representative. He thinks we have a good case, but you never know.
The whole system is wrong. They are punishing the most vunerable people in society. The stress these appeals cause is awful.
I hope you get a date very soon. I think the dates depend on where you live in the country. My friend has a date for April for her appeal, she only lodged her appeal mid November. She felt awful when she told me, but I told her it’s fine, it’s because she lives in a different part of the country to me.

stumbler
3 months ago

Anonymous
3 months ago

I see about what’s happening in Ireland on a daily basis.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.