Last reply 1 month ago
New to this group.

Hello. My name is Julie, I joined this group tonight.
I live near Nottingham in the U.K.
I was diagnosed with RRMS in 2005.
I have just started on Aubagio. Really hope it works for me.
I have had 2 failed DMD treatment’s. Copaxone and tecfidera didn’t suite .
I also have Diabetes and recently diagnosed with arthritis in both hips and inflammation of the tendons in my right hip. I had a steroid injection for my right hip, it’s due to be repeated next month.
The only problem I have with steroids are they give me high blood sugars for a few days.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
2 months ago

Hi @juliemary and welcome. We’re having a get together organised by @zoeb in Sheffield on 3rd Feb , we have never met each other other than on this site so we’re all new in that sense. I’m going on the train, why don’t you try and join us? Any way we’re all quite safe on here, loads of different ages, types if ms. Lots of experience, plenty of people with answers, and remember with ms, there’s no such thing as a silly question😜😍

Anonymous
2 months ago

Hello. Thank you for the welcome.
I won’t be able to get to Sheffield on this occasion. Although it is nice to meet up.
I belong to a couple if M.S groups in Facebook and we do arrange meet ups.
You wouldn’t think that having M S. would bring you lovely friends.

zoeb
1 month ago

Hi there! I’m sorry you won’t be able to make the meeting on the 3rd – keep an eye out for other sessions coming up as we are going to have them again in the future. I reckon it’ll be every 2 to 3 months as they take a reasonable amount of planning. Glad to hear you go to other meet ups – we are pretty active in Sheffield although the majority of the groups aren’t suitable for most people with their work commitments and family priorities.

If you know of some meets please share them online so people can attend them as we can all feel lonely sometimes 🙂

Zoe

vixen
1 month ago

Hello @juliemary, gosh you a had a load of health problems to deal with! I really hope Aubagio works for you 🙂

Anonymous
1 month ago

Thank you very much.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.