Last reply 3 years ago
New to this all.

Good morning everyone I’m so new to this. I was diagnosed on may 1 of this year. I was told earlier that I had age related ischemia after going to the ER for having stroke like symptoms on my right side. Shortly thereafter I lost function of my right hand with the worst spasms ever I’ve been told I had dystonia, Parkinson’s, and even carpal tunnel. Is there anything that can be done to help with a relapse which I am experiencing now it isn’t as bad as my original symptoms but still annoying nonetheless. Thanx for any suggestions.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@regalbeauty , welcome to the forum.

The usual response to a relapse is a short course of High Dosage Steroids. However, this treatment normally depends on the severity of the symptoms.

Otherwise, the only solution is total R’n’R. You just have to give up fighting it and allow your body to recover.

Avoiding worry and stress (yes, I know, at a time like this!) is also recommended. These negative emotions seem to aggravate the MS.

regalbeauty
3 years ago

@stumbler when I first got diagnosed I was put on the steroid for three days. I was afraid that is what the dr is going to have me do again. It had my blood sugars out of control. After the round of steroids then I was placed on tysabri every 28 days which is cool for me since I have a pretty busy life. Thanx for the advice

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.