yayahoney 08/02/18
Last reply 5 months ago
new to this

Hi there i have just been diagnosed with RRMS and im only 26 and have a 3 year old i know he is far too young to understand and im just worried generally and i know they want me to start treatment ASAP im just not sure what to choose as i want to have other children in the future . im not sure if this is a question or just an expression of my current feelings

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lilbird
5 months ago

Hi @yayahoney

Try not to panic because it won’t help, take your time & look into the treatments that are available & try to weigh up their pros & cons & how each might fit into your life. It’s not an easy decision to be faced with but it is doable with a bit of time & perseverance. Wishing you lots of luck 😊

yayahoney
5 months ago

Thank you so much it all just seems like a whirlwind. I guess i have an idea at the moment what seems most manageable i guess I will need to make an appointment with my MS nurse soon

cameron
5 months ago

Your MS nurse should be a great source of support, especially when everything is so new. It may help clear your head if you make a list of everything you want to know before your meeting – the big issues as well as day-to-day stuff. Things WILL sort, x

lara279
5 months ago

Hello @yayahoney!!

I am soon to start a course of Cladribine (https://www.mssociety.org.uk/cladribine). The other treatment I was considering was Lemtrada (https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/lemtrada-alemtuzumab). Both are ‘intervention’ therapies which aim to ‘fix’ your immune system and therefore don’t require ongoing treatment. One of the reasons for considering these two drugs was that once you have finished the course (one now and one in a year) you are free to get pregnant (after a period). Worth looking at both of these and having a chat with your nurse about them.

Good luck and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions – I have recently gone through the decision making process so would be glad to help if I can.

Lara

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.