Last reply 1 year ago
New to the group

Hi everyone I was diagnosed in 2013 been on rebif and tecdifera… at moment not having alot of space between relapses has had 2 Mri’sin the space of 4 months and both brought up new lesons and inflammation seeing my consultant next wed to see about lembrada or the one you get once a month, I’m thinking of lembrada but my head all over the place to know what to do for the best as I have 2 young children… any information or advice would be very grateful… thank you in advance sorry for some spelling…lol

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

geordie57
1 year ago

Hi @shaz1983 , I was diagnosed 2011 , 9 months after first child was born!! I had MRI in sept which showed new active lesions!! I was given choice of Lemtrada or tysarbri. I also have 2 young children 3 and 6. I figured Lemtrada would be best as over and done with and then monthly checks. I don’t have much support so monthly would be difficult. It will depend on your support network you have I guess and whatever fits best with you everyday commitments!
Can I ask which hospital you are under?
Good luck deciding.

geordie57
1 year ago

Ps. Welcome to group x

shaz1983
1 year ago

Higeordie57.. how did you find the lemtrada I have heard it is a harsh treatment did you need much help support after the 5 days, does it take long to recover. How have you felt being on it with relapses and fagtuige…. sorry for throwing all these questions at you… I go to the city hospital in Belfast

geordie57
1 year ago

Hi, sorry I haven’t started yet, just sharing why I chose that one. Waiting on start date. It does seem harsh and that took me a while to come to terms with! I spoke with ms nurse and she reassured me that as you are continuously monitored, things are picked up immediately. eventually decided with my girls, that seemed the easiest option versus monthly . The difficulty is as everyone is different and reacts differently, but there are loads of experience on this site. X

shaz1983
1 year ago

I’m sorry just realising this as I read it again my head is all over the place… thank you for replying to me x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.