Last reply 1 week ago
New to Shift. MS

I’ve been diognised in 1996 (about 22years). I’ve secondary progresiv Ms.. B’cos of my relapses I’ve been through real hard time for couple of years. In meanwhile I’ve list vision in one eye… My husband and children have supported me from day one. But last Jan. 2018 my husband passed away. My two daughters +one son+ one spn1in-law + one daughter-in-law. All of them are taking good care still missing my hubby. Going through depression.. એની one who have suggestion to come out of depression. Pl. Let me know. Thank you.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

Hi @harsha and welcome.

I am so sorry to read your story. Life has been incredibly harsh on you. However, it is encouraging that your family have rallied round.

Just rest assured that once you have hit rock bottom, there’s only one way to go. I’m sure that’s the way that your husband would want you to go.

wendyhills
1 week ago

@harsha I don’t have any advice for depression unfortunately but felt compelled to reach out to you. I’m so very sorry for your loss sounds like you have a wonderful family. Keep going that’s what your husband would want I’m sure sending you a hug x

edmontonalberta
1 week ago

@harsha

I lost my first wife 25 years ago; that destroyed me. I decided that if I was not healing after a year, I would visit everywhere I had lived and everyone important to me – then swim as far out into the Atlantic Ocean as possible to ensure I had no strength to make it back. And trust me, my word is my bond…

So after a year I drove across Canada (thousands of miles) & found myself sitting on the shore reminiscing about my life. And I realized that I have had a very good life; I had married an absolutely impressive woman.

Not only would she want me to be happy – but it would be an insult to her if I ended my life. She had invested so much time in me – if I killed myself, her investment was wasted.

So I chose to continue living; it took years for me to find bits of happiness. It took five years before I healed enough to marry another woman. My present wife knew the reason she was marrying me was because I had had an absolutely impressive woman by my side.

My present wife has been by my side for 19 years now. The person I am today is due to the fact I married two great women. I live my life honoring both of them!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.