Last reply 1 month ago
New to MS but was C.I.S for 2 years

Hi
This is my first time talking on here so hello. I feel trap in my own body and I know I can do things like walk to the kitchen for a cuppa without help but now I cant. my legs are sore and I want to stretch it out but wont go away. My brain and my stubbornness says yes on the other hand my legs saying no fall to the floor and stay there.

Has anyone had that feeling the wanting to stretch in legs and hips sore like you ran for weeks and have dizzy spells?
I know my triggers and yet I still had a attack this is my 2nd attack in a week. I guess its true you cant predict it.

Thank you for your time of reading this

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @sarah_graham .

We’re all trapped in these failing bodies of ours. They’re definitely not built to last!

Two attacks in a week seems a bit excessive and yet you know the trigger. The obvious answer is to avoid the trigger, but that might be easier said than done. We have to try and work with what we’ve got. And that might mean that we have to learn moderation.

There’s no reason why you can’t give your legs a gentle stretch. This may help. There’s some gentle stretches here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/life-ms/exercise/build-your-own-exercise-routine/stretching-exercises

Stay strong.

sarah_graham
2 months ago

Hi @stumbler
I hope you get this reply. Thank you for the link. My trigger is the cold and at the minute it is very cold but with the amount of layers I wear it doesn’t seem to stop it. I have been gently walking around house just to keep moving. My legs feel like dead weight.

stumbler
2 months ago

@sarah_graham , if you’re not up to anything, then take a day off, if you can. Have a duvet day, keep warm and try again tomorrow. πŸ˜‰

sarah_graham
2 months ago

Thank you @stumbler if it was only that easy πŸ™‚

niteowl
2 months ago

Hi Sarah yes I get it the pain in my hips / legs like I had run a marathon it drives me nuts, sometimes I find it really hard to keep going at work but have too…. it’s very frustrating some days are worse than others Xx

nutshell88
2 months ago

Try using hot water bottle but dont let it boil and harm your nerves more.
Most necessarily thing is to warm your ears too

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @sarah_graham, sorry you’re going through all of this. I guess that over time, things will become a bit more knowable, if you know what I mean. Taking regular walks is always a good thing, although gentle stretching exercises are great too, and you can watch TV at the same time, yay! At least Spring is coming, and lighter days which will warm the spirits. And I do love thinking of @nutshell88 with her hot water bottle over in Saudi!

nutshell88
2 months ago

@vixen its snowing much here in saudi this year.

sarah_graham
2 months ago

@niteowl I have the same issue with myself at work. It drives me crazy that I cant do anything however I am bless with my work. They make everything so easy for me but at the end of the day I love job. And it upsets me that I cant go but I have to put my health first and works tell me as well. The cold is my trigger and the moment I cant stay outside for very long without hurting. so am trap in my home which isn’t a bad things cause I have my dogs but I love begin outside.

sarah_graham
2 months ago

@vixen I know it will take time but I just it to be sorted now. especially for my family and I know it hard for them seeing me this way. Worst thing about family they can see through brave face that I put on., they know am in pain and that tired of it all. Am still positive this wont stop me but I just want the leaning process to be over with

rogersouthall
2 months ago

Sarah, a lot of people have a lot of answers and terminologies to along with that, me, well I try to let people know, in simple terms, what happens to me. Pain and the need to stretch, I am told is common and happens to me mostly in the morning, I do have a tablet for that, cold weather also screws with my body, as also does heat, it has taken me two years to understand what MS is and exactly what it does, read my blog, it may help and I also have my contact details if ever you want a chat
http://www.wholesorts.com

sarah_graham
2 months ago

@rogersouthall thank you

dramaqueen
2 months ago

Our bodies are sensitive to different temperatures we just have to be kind to ourselves and rest when possible. Maybe you should speak with an MS nurse in your area. Sometimes when you have picked up a virus this can knock you for six. Let’s hope the spring is kinder. Please don’t worry hopefully you’ll feel better soon.

sarah_graham
1 month ago

Hi @dramaqueen
Thank you πŸ™‚
Well I been off work now for 2 weeks and its driving me crazy that I cant work but I know I need to give my body time to heal. I am walking a bit better now and I have physiotherapy tomorrow which I hope helps. Want life to get back to normal and I do photography on the side and I do weddings too and I don’t want this to stop me. But I know am in the early stages of my treatment which is going to take time to get the right balance. I have always been a go go go type of girl but I know I have to think of my body. I will think of my body first before I do anything. I only got one body so I better start taken care of it πŸ™‚

stumbler
1 month ago

@sarah_graham , you’re now gaining the right mindset to get in control of this. Well done

sarah_graham
1 month ago

Thank you @stumbler

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.