Last reply 10 months ago
New to all this.

Good morning (just)
Although i am new to shift ms i have been living with ms for a long time. I was diagnosed in 1990 and my ms has slowly progressed and i am now effectively a quadriplegic. I am lucky that i do not have a lot of pain and have been able to avail myself of quite a lot of technology. I have a power wheel chair that i steer and control with chin controls, i also have environmental controls enabling me to use my mobile and entertainment systems from my chair. All in all i feel like i am still part of the wider world , i do have a lot of support around me so i can’t really feel sorry for myself.
I am not on any treatment regime and although i believe i have secondary progressive ms at this stage i have not officially been told that. One thing i will say is that i have always kept a positive attitude which in my case has helped.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

vixen
10 months ago

Hello @bernie 537, what an inspiration you are! Itโ€™s great that your attitude enables you to be part of the wider world, and here you are expanding through Shift! Not sure where you are, itโ€™s not on your profile but welcome to Shift, glad you found it! ๐Ÿ™‚

stumbler
10 months ago

@bernie537 , Good afternoon (just!).

Your positivity shows through just in the few words you’ve used.

Can I just enquire your age and year of diagnosis, to put everything in context for myself and other forum members reading this? Thanks.

paulmorrison
10 months ago

Thanks @bernie537, I’ve been feeling sorry for my self all day until I read your post. You have certainly made me stop, think and buck my self up.
Thanks again

potter
10 months ago

Welcome to the forum. Love your attitude, just the boost I needed. Had a relapse just before Christmas where half my body went numb and then I got the flu. I am going to try to cheer up and get on with my life. Potter

bernie537
10 months ago

Thanks for the comments guy’s. I have finally filled out my profile which may help some . I have been out of action this last week with one thing or another, busy bee that I am . Technology has / is enabling me to take to much on and i need to recognise that technology is the tool and it is me that should learn to say no .

donjunior
10 months ago

So you aren’t taking any medication? Did you use to before?

petlamb
10 months ago

Truly inspirational @bernie537 ๐Ÿ˜Š

You are an inspiration to us all.

Have a great weekend!

Suze xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.