bernie537 18/01/18
Last reply 5 months ago
New to all this.

Good morning (just)
Although i am new to shift ms i have been living with ms for a long time. I was diagnosed in 1990 and my ms has slowly progressed and i am now effectively a quadriplegic. I am lucky that i do not have a lot of pain and have been able to avail myself of quite a lot of technology. I have a power wheel chair that i steer and control with chin controls, i also have environmental controls enabling me to use my mobile and entertainment systems from my chair. All in all i feel like i am still part of the wider world , i do have a lot of support around me so i can’t really feel sorry for myself.
I am not on any treatment regime and although i believe i have secondary progressive ms at this stage i have not officially been told that. One thing i will say is that i have always kept a positive attitude which in my case has helped.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

vixen
6 months ago

Hello @bernie 537, what an inspiration you are! Itโ€™s great that your attitude enables you to be part of the wider world, and here you are expanding through Shift! Not sure where you are, itโ€™s not on your profile but welcome to Shift, glad you found it! ๐Ÿ™‚

stumbler
6 months ago

@bernie537 , Good afternoon (just!).

Your positivity shows through just in the few words you’ve used.

Can I just enquire your age and year of diagnosis, to put everything in context for myself and other forum members reading this? Thanks.

paulmorrison
6 months ago

Thanks @bernie537, I’ve been feeling sorry for my self all day until I read your post. You have certainly made me stop, think and buck my self up.
Thanks again

potter
6 months ago

Welcome to the forum. Love your attitude, just the boost I needed. Had a relapse just before Christmas where half my body went numb and then I got the flu. I am going to try to cheer up and get on with my life. Potter

bernie537
5 months ago

Thanks for the comments guy’s. I have finally filled out my profile which may help some . I have been out of action this last week with one thing or another, busy bee that I am . Technology has / is enabling me to take to much on and i need to recognise that technology is the tool and it is me that should learn to say no .

donjunior
5 months ago

So you aren’t taking any medication? Did you use to before?

petlamb
5 months ago

Truly inspirational @bernie537 ๐Ÿ˜Š

You are an inspiration to us all.

Have a great weekend!

Suze xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.