Last reply 10 months ago
New on Shift.ms, hoping to chat/meet

Hi everyone,
I am new on this site, I don’t use any social media and I have never commented in a forum (if this is a forum?) so please forgive me if I’ve done this wrong!

I’m 34 and was diagnosed January 2018 so this is all really new to me. I have amazing friends but I don’t know anyone with MS and I have found it quite lonely so far. I’m sure lots of people experience this, if anyone wants to say hi, particularly if you’re in and around Bristol UK that would be amazing

Peace and love x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edmontonalberta
10 months ago

@newmoon

Welcome! The bad news is that I have PPMS & live far, far away so will be unable to assist on a few levels.

The good news is that there are many RRMS members on this site who may be able to help. I am sure they will appear. Having said that, ask whatever questions you like. We are here to help.

Gord

stumbler
10 months ago

Hi @newmoon and welcome.

For your first post on a forum, you’re doing fine. This is a very informal place, so if it feels right, then do it.

It’s a good place to ask questions, provide answers or just to get something off your chest. 😉

studentandms
10 months ago

I have just been diagnosed with RRMS and am in Bristol too. I would be happy to chat 🙂

hels
10 months ago

I was diagnosed with RRMS just over a year ago. I’m in Cardiff so more than happy to meet up. I found it lonely as well but I’m back to my normal self now, there is light at the end of the tunnel, the loneliness will dissipate as time goes on x

hels
10 months ago

Forgot to say I’m 35 x

Anonymous
10 months ago

Hi all of you who have responded so far, thanks for being so friendly and welcoming, it’s really kind of you all! That alone lifted my mood! I really appreciate it. I hope you’re all having a good day/evening x

Please anyone who reads this who wants to say hello, send me a friend request thingy and I will private message you

Thank you again everyone x
Peace and love xxx

adamski
10 months ago

Morning @New moon and welcome 😊
You have found a great place for knowledge and friendship here with guys who can relate to your feelings. I’m in London and the sun is out here and not raining, enjoy your day 😉

tracyd
10 months ago

@newmoon

I pass through the Bristol’ish’ area on the M4 fairly regularly heading from Reading into deepest darkest Wales. I am happy to plan in advance and stop in for coffee and cake. Also there is the lovely town of Bath in the middle of that stretch of M4 which is a rather civilised place for refreshments 🙂

You have a friend request in the interim if you need to talk I’m happy to share contact details
Tracy
x

stumbler
10 months ago

@newmoon , that’s the way we work. Individually we may be weak, but together we are strong. 😉

ruggermad
10 months ago

@newmoon I’m in Bristol as well……..there doesn’t seem to be many meetups in the Bristol area, even the MS society local branch seems to have shut down/ gone AWOL………. perhaps start a meetup group?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.