Last reply 6 months ago
New member dx 1986

Dx in 1986 my 16th birthday good present. That’s ok I thought I had it my preacher had MS and the symptoms were so similar. I had symptoms since I was 14 but didn’t know what it was finally when I was 16 my mother saw a bruise all over my leg from a softball injury but I didn’t feel it bc I hadn’t been feeling my legs for over two years thought it was in my head. So at 16 after a spinal tap and an MRI my neurologist told me I had ms back then i didn’t tell a soul bc of my sports I didn’t want them to tell me I couldn’t play. But the only treatment then was steroids. So I took them everyday until I was 25. Believe me it messes with your bones. I was told I had bone deterioration. I took it with a smile it just didn’t bother me not yet at least . Tell more later

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
7 months ago

Hi @georgeb1970 and welcome.

That’s a bit of a tale. But, your long term use of Steroids, was this condoned by your Doctors?

vixen
7 months ago

Hello @georgeb1970. Indeed, treatment choices have changed a bit since when you were diagnosed. I’m sure people on here would like to hear how your journey with Ocrevus is going. It’s not yet licensed in the UK but here’s hoping…… 🙂

spunky
6 months ago

@georgeb1970
Welcome! Any how are you doing.now?

Best wishes!
Spunky

georgeb1970
6 months ago

Stumbler
Quite of a tale I am offended with that. Ms is on my fathers side six out of seven cousins all have ms. As for the use of steroids my family physician just kept refilling them he apparently didn’t think it was bad or just forgot to look and see how long. But no tale here. I could write a whole book on my journey with ms I enjoy my life and I enjoy my third marriage of 15 years. If you would like to compare notes sorry there is no ms patient alike. My birthdays doesn’t bring me bad memories I enjoy everyday and deal with my ms with a smile what you see is what you get I am an open book most of the time with a face mask bc my white cell count is too low.

georgeb1970
6 months ago

Vixen
I am liking the Ocrevus treatment. My last neuro apt showed improvement in my walking and speed. I’m still rigid in my legs and gate. I will have a MRI in June before my third appt they want to see how well my lesions are doing . I will post about that I’m excited to see how well it’s doing

georgeb1970
6 months ago

Spunky
I am feeling pretty good today. The change of weather is making my days off but other than that pretty good. How about you?
George

stumbler
6 months ago

@georgeb1970 , you have a great attitude. An example for others to follow. 😉

georgeb1970
6 months ago

Thank you but I am no example to follow lol George

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.