gpeps 08/03/13
Last reply 5 years ago
NEW: iSupport button

We are excited to introduce the new iSupport button to Shift.ms.

We have received many suggestions to add a ‘like’ button to Shift.ms. We didn’t feel ‘like’ was quite right for our site though. If someone was talking about their recent diagnosis, or that they had a rubbish day, ‘like’ just didn’t seem appropriate.

After much discussion, we felt the iSupport button would be more suitable. We feel the button can be used in two ways; either to show someone that they they have your support (without having to reply), or to show someone that you support/agree with/like their post.

You may have noticed the heart shaped, hand shake next to posts? This is the iSupport button.

What do you think? Please let us know. We’re still in the testing phase so please let us know if you notice any glitches, or have recommendations of how we can improve it.

Big thanks to our developers Ze and Tammie for their work.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cameron
5 years ago

It’s great but what’s happened to the research.ms link?

gpeps
5 years ago

Thanks Cameron.

Sorry, which Research.ms link?

bubblesgalore
5 years ago

just testing [cheeky smile] thank you clever boys xx

jojo75
5 years ago

Like it, agree that a like button such as on Facebook isn’t always the right response.

msue62
5 years ago

Yes like is sometimes inappropriate but this is good.

f3ng5hu1
5 years ago

Yay! Nice edition to the site.

+1

🙂

cazzzzzy
5 years ago

This is a great idea 🙂 xxx

dave-c
5 years ago

I was wondering what it was 🙂
I think it’s a cool idea.

nelly-porth
5 years ago

i agree and thanks for the idea¡ it means we all are present in your minds trying to improve our comunication ¡

Gav
5 years ago

Its a top idea/solution, hitting ‘like’ for a post about depression just wouldn’t be appropriate.

teddy
5 years ago

Great idea! Love it!

f3ng5hu1
5 years ago

What happened to this?

Seems to have disappeared.

gpeps
5 years ago

Well spotted!

We noticed its introduction to the site had a few unexpected knock on effects, like the content of the ‘contact’ and ‘house rules’ pages disappearing… no idea how these are linked, but Tammie and Ze are looking into it.

It will be back soon

IANG
5 years ago

JUST A SUGGESTION COULD WE SEE WHO SUPPORTS THE COMMENTS OR AM I BEING TOO CHEEKY ….IAN G X.

gpeps
5 years ago

Not cheeky at all, we need your suggestions.

@IANG I think it’s a great idea. How do you think it would work? On hovering over the button the names appear?

IANG
5 years ago

YES GPEPS OR CLICKING ON THE NUMBER…..IAN G X.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.