gmunroe08 01/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago
new diagnoses

Just diagnosed with ms 3 weeks ago. Trying hard to stay positive but haven’t seen a Neuro yet and have so many questions. When I tell people they don’t understand…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

Dont worry about other people. You are still reeling from the news and must take care of yourself, and your own feelings. It is difficult for us to understand our diagnosis ourselves, without worrying others dont.

Keep posting here and reading all the info and all the worries and issues we all have. It is a really good community.

Good luck.

3 years ago

Hi, there are lots of people here to share your fears with – we do understand because we have them too! Big hugs from across cyberspace.

3 years ago

Now is time to sit down, put your feet up and take stock of the situation. I’m sure that you don’t really know which way is up at the moment!

So, give yourself time to take this all in. Do a bit of research and learn about this condition as you will need to learn to manage it. But, be careful of using Dr Google, he can come up with some inappropriate horror stories.

Use creditable sites like the MS Society, MS-UK and the MS Trust. The latter site does a good range of publications about MS, for the newly diagnosed and covering various aspects of living with the condition.

Have a look here :-

Pose any questions that spring to mind and we’ll do our best to answer them for you. 😉

3 years ago

@tiggermum is right, don’t take notice what other people say. Most people want to help and say the right thing but usually get it all wrong. I have optic neuritis (inflammation of optic nerve) and a co-worker said to me “why don’t they just give you anti-inflammatory tablets”, oh I wish it was that easy. But it just shows how naive people are (and newly diagnosed people are).i found this terribly upsetting as I felt it diminished what I was going through and this just added unnecessary stress when I was already stressed about the diagnosis. I have lessened these upsetting comments by only telling immediate family, at least while I’m in initial stages of diagnosis. And yes @stumbler is right, don’t google everything, there’s so much upsetting “stuff” out there and most of it is inaccurate.
Stay positive, stay calm and know you’re not alone, there’s a lot of support on this site.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.