vivc 29/11/17
Last reply 5 months ago
New Cladribine injections

Dear whom it may concern,

My Neurologist at Royal London Hospital is thinking of give me the
new Cladribine injections. Has anyone heard of them. Are they worth having.
Regards
VivC

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
6 months ago

@vivc , the respected research team at Barts were involved in getting Cladribine (Mavenclad) to its position as a treatment. Here’s a bit of information :-

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2017/08/teamg-helps-develop-licenced-drug.html

mmhhpp
6 months ago

Hi i am converting into spms and I will start cladribine tables hopefully next month.

Not many things out there for spms, I am on fingolimod and in the last 18 months I have declined so much that this is really my last hope

Secondary effects are not so bad

Not many studies for spms but rrms, worth trying……x x

edgarleroy
6 months ago

I’ve had the injections here in US, off-label & I paid cash, <$5000 for full course. I think it’s helped, I seem more stable than before.

vivc
6 months ago

Dear whom it may concern,

The Royal London are going), Cladribine (Litak) injections do it for 3 days, then do a blood test in
five weeks. Then decide if i need a second injection either 0,1,2,3. Then do it again in one year. Has anyone experience this or heard about it. Is it old or new injection?
Regards
Viran

sciencegeek
6 months ago

This protocl is well established and has been used in several clinical trials. The drug itself is quite old and was first used for hairy cell leukaemia. Now it is being used for MS and will be avaialble as a tablet very soon (probably in a few weeks/months).

The team at the Rolay London should have given you the contact details of a nurse who can talk to you about your concerns.

emmad1988
5 months ago

I started Cladribine in September 2017. Had the first 3 injections then had a further 3 5 weeks later. Am now being regularly monitored with bloods and MRI tests. First MRI after the treatment hasn’t shown any new disease activity so far so good. Have had no side effects other then being more prone to a cold over the winter.
It hasn’t seemed to help with any residual symptoms I have but overall I am happy 🙂 What consultant are you under at the London? I am under Dr Schirmer. The whole team there are so lovely and have really helped me x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.