potter 07/04/17
Last reply 10 months ago
New Blood Test For MS

I just read about the new blood test for MS, it is suppose to tell you what kind of MS you have and if your treatment is working. I was wondering when it was going to be available and if anyone else has read about it. I have a neuro appointment in May, I want to have it done even if I have to pay for it my self. Potter

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lilbird
10 months ago

Hi there @potter 😊

Do you know any more about it, what it’s called or where it originated?

spunky
10 months ago

I haven’t heard anything about this.
@potter please keep us posted after your neuro apt.

quillmama
10 months ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-04/new-blood-test-can-identify-types-of-multiple-sclerosis/8236336

This is all I know – probably the same as @potter. I wondered if it was too good to be true but the source is reputable.

potter
10 months ago

From the short article I read it comes from a research group in Australia and the article I read had a February date on it. I first noticed this article in the latest Narcoms Research Magazine but the site kept disappearing every time I tried to read it so I looked for the information some place else. I’ll take a look at quillmama site and see if it has the same information. Potter

potter
10 months ago

That is the same article that I read. If someone else finds some more information let us know. Potter

californiadreamin
10 months ago

there are several companies working on a similar test. I think the one thats coming out in May is this one:

iquity.com/providers-neuro

Its called IsolateMS

NOTE: Link fixed – Stumbler

stumbler
10 months ago

Here’s a review by the research team at Barts in London:-

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2017/02/metabolites-and-progressive-ms.html

californiadreamin
10 months ago

@stumbler Just to clarify I think that link from Bart’s is from the Australian group. The link I pasted (thanks for fixing it) is an American company and I think that’s the one coming out soon. Both seem proprietary in their exact approach but both seem to be using a decision tree and suffer the same weakness of just being a very good guess in many cases.

sandwich
10 months ago

I read about it at Barts. I’d get it done if I could. Would make choosing a DMT less like shooting in the dark.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.