Last reply 1 year ago
New Blood Test For MS

I just read about the new blood test for MS, it is suppose to tell you what kind of MS you have and if your treatment is working. I was wondering when it was going to be available and if anyone else has read about it. I have a neuro appointment in May, I want to have it done even if I have to pay for it my self. Potter

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lilbird
1 year ago

Hi there @potter 😊

Do you know any more about it, what it’s called or where it originated?

spunky
1 year ago

I haven’t heard anything about this.
@potter please keep us posted after your neuro apt.

quillmama
1 year ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-04/new-blood-test-can-identify-types-of-multiple-sclerosis/8236336

This is all I know – probably the same as @potter. I wondered if it was too good to be true but the source is reputable.

potter
1 year ago

From the short article I read it comes from a research group in Australia and the article I read had a February date on it. I first noticed this article in the latest Narcoms Research Magazine but the site kept disappearing every time I tried to read it so I looked for the information some place else. I’ll take a look at quillmama site and see if it has the same information. Potter

potter
1 year ago

That is the same article that I read. If someone else finds some more information let us know. Potter

there are several companies working on a similar test. I think the one thats coming out in May is this one:

iquity.com/providers-neuro

Its called IsolateMS

NOTE: Link fixed – Stumbler

stumbler
1 year ago

@stumbler Just to clarify I think that link from Bart’s is from the Australian group. The link I pasted (thanks for fixing it) is an American company and I think that’s the one coming out soon. Both seem proprietary in their exact approach but both seem to be using a decision tree and suffer the same weakness of just being a very good guess in many cases.

sandwich
1 year ago

I read about it at Barts. I’d get it done if I could. Would make choosing a DMT less like shooting in the dark.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.