Last reply 2 months ago
New allergies following Lem

So, I’ve discovered I am now totally allergic to pineapple! I’ve always had pineapple ! But both times I’ve eaten it since Lemtrada, I’ve reacted horribly to it. Anyone else had something similar?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@gates1989 , I’ve had a scan around the interweb for you, but can’t find any other instances of this.

Perhaps you’re unique……..

edmontonalberta
2 months ago

@gates1989

One of the joys of life is that sometimes we need to make adjustments. I am sure there is a pineapple plant somewhere sleeping peacefully at night knowing her babies are safe from you… 😉

arknat
2 months ago

@gates1989,

I’ve never been on Lemtrada. I used to have pineapples regularly before and out of the blue, about a year ago, I got a very bad stomach pain after. Only a doubt about pineapples that time and tried it again. Bad stomach pain after. I couldn’t believe how something like that could happen so suddenly. So I guess your body can change one fine day and render you allergic to some foods although you were fine with it before. Need not be Lemtrada related ….

potter
2 months ago

When I was taking Rebif wine tasted horrible to me, when I switched to Tecfidera wine was good again but I had trouble with beans. You can develop new allergies as you age, but don’t give up on the pineapple yet. You may just have to give it up during your Lemtrada treatments. Potter

samanthathompson
2 months ago

I’m not on any treatment but I suddenly developed a few years ago a bad intolerance to onion, garlic and chillies. Talk about taking the love and joy out of food!
I hope you can enjoy pineapple again eventually.

Sam

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.