Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Anonymous
9 months ago

Hi & welcome @herstrength this is a great place to get information & make friends! I’ve only been here a couple of weeks myself, but it’s good place to ask questions of people going through the same thing 🙂 So if you like join in, or just read the forums, it’s pretty cool. I was 27 when I was diagnosed 17 years ago (eek I’m old!!)

All the best,
Craig

stumbler
9 months ago

Hi @herstrength and welcome.

curious-one
9 months ago

Welcome, fresh and new on here myself, lots of informative posts on here from what I can see 🙂 Newly diagnosed at the age of 27.

@craigsreddie I noticed you were diagnosed at the same age as me, any reason why you’re not on DMDs? I’m still trying to come to terms with it and haven’t decided on mine (don’t really want to take anything to be honest). How was your progression to date, if you don’t mind me asking?

Anonymous
9 months ago

Hi @curious-one I don’t mind you asking 🙂 I was on copaxone for 10 years & it was great for me. I was moved onto gilenya/fingolimod at the start of 2015, had a fair few relapses so stopped. Since the end of 15 I have declined a fair amount & I’m SPMS. My case is not really usual though as I had a brain haemorrhage at the end of 2013 (NOT MS related!!) which needed surgery so the neuros are never sure if it’s that or MS causing me problems!! Everyone’s experience with MS is different but I had 24-15 years of it not impacting on my life at all. It will take some time to get used to, but you will. It’s up to you of course but I’d advise you to take DMD’s & to keep fit 😉

All the best,
Craig

Anonymous
9 months ago

Sorry 14-15 years 🙂

herstrength
9 months ago

Thanks!
Yes @craigsreddie, I love it here already. It is nice to know that people feel the same way I feel and that I’m not alone. Really 14-15 years is not that long.

herstrength
9 months ago

Thanks! @stumbler

herstrength
9 months ago

Thanks! Oh cool @curious-one
It is much information here and I think it can be very helpful.

islandgal
9 months ago

Hey herstrength welcome to the gang.youll be just fine on here.full of good info and lots of crazy peeps! only joking everyones in same boat and are nice helpful ms ers.😊

nutshell88
9 months ago

Hi welcome in the forum
I was daignosed 2005 found out 2010 it was kept as a secrect so i finish my studies peacefully
And im doing quite well till today off meds
I Hope your MS is treating you well too.

petlamb
9 months ago

Welcome o the site @herstrength 😊 xxx

red-suzuki
9 months ago

Hiya & welcome to the Shift, herstrength…..Oh, now your going to have some fun, its great here….x.

herstrength
9 months ago

OMG! @nutshell88 The same happened to me, it being a secret. It was my senior year in high school and I was running for prom queen so my family kept it from me until after prom (I ended up winning fair also) . So, I guess you can say I found out the best news of my life while also receiving the worse news of my life.
If you don’t mind me asking, you’re off meds completely? Wouldn’t that make your symptoms and onsets come one more frequently?

herstrength
9 months ago

Thaanks! @petlamb
🙂

herstrength
9 months ago

Thanks! @red-suzuki
Yes, I can tell. I’m liking it already.

nutshell88
9 months ago

Hi again herstrength

I got it when i was second year highschool age 17 2005 and i found out by searching in 2010 but during all that time i never had any symptom so i took rebef and then i got vertigo not saying its the reason god only knows why i got it and got frequent minor symptoms too with tasting walking holding a pen walking steady coirdnation and balance “ the last too still never recovered 100%”
Byt ppl ariund me dont notice
Anyway in late 2011 i went to a hospital in newyork called nyu a prof said if i didnt take tysabri i’ll orobably be bed bound in the end of 2011 i cried and felt angry because the news made me cry so i stopped all meds till today last symptom o got was the one in 2010
In saudi arabian feel paranoid of meds now lol
Jks but yh i went to study in uk 2012 worked and studied there so i was able to graduate uni and uk studies off meds except in 2010
Now im working in saudi and today i did some grilling with my colleagyes since we start our weekend tonight in saudi hehe
Anyway mri shows real damage i wont lie but it never even makes a hint cant deny im afraid it all blow at me yrs later but i hate depending on toxic on my wounds 😉

hmcampos
9 months ago

Hello @herstrength and welcome among us.

Hope you can find here a place to talk, laugh and ask for help when needed.

Be strong.
H

herstrength
9 months ago

Thank you!! @hmcampos
I think I will. I like it here.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.