Last reply 6 years ago
NEURO STEROIDS

HI ALL MY FRIENDS . IS ANYONE TRIALING NEURO STEROIDS AND IF YOU DO HOW ARE YOU FINDING THEM . I HAVE MY NEXT TYSABRI INFUSION THE MORRA AND WILL ASK THE MS NURSE ABOUT THEM AND SEE HOW IT GOES FROM THERE . TAKE CARE AND I WISH YOU ALL WELL…….IAN G X.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
6 years ago

Ian, I’m not aware of a trial for steroids.

They are a standard treatment for a relapse and are prescribed as a short term (usually 3 days) high-dosage treatment, designed to kick-start the body’s own recovery.

There is usually a quick hit and a feeling of well-being, that soon subsides. The effects of the steroids will aid a recovery over the ensuing 6-8 weeks.

iang
6 years ago

HI STUMBLER THANK YOU FOR REPLYING . I KNOW YOU GET STEROIDS AFTER A RELAPSE BUT THESE ONES ARE CALLED ALLOPREGNANOLONE . THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO REGENERATE THE CELLS IN YOUR BRAIN . IHEARD ABOUT IT IN THE NEWSPAPER EIGHT MONTHS AGO ….IAN G X.

stumbler
6 years ago

Found this Ian :- http://www.aihealthsolutions.ca/researchnews/2012/spring/followingup/

Only tried in mice so far, so a way to go yet………

iang
6 years ago

YES THANK YOU STUMBLER .X.

Anonymous
6 years ago

My 3-day steroid treatment was cancelled yesterday because my Nitrate levels are too high. What a pain in the ass. Anybody had the same problems?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.