Last reply 1 year ago
Neuro apt

I have a apt this week to see neuro…first one in NHS. I had mri amd results in april privately
Found lesions on spine and brain and he said highly likely to be ms but need a repeat mri and lp. I havent had these yet so apt not likely to diagnose….my ? Is can i ask him to perscribe anything for fatigue….numb/weak legs…what i suspect is start of footdrop. I may also ask for anti d as o feel so low and think i need help. Also given the high likelihood of ms is it worth trying to get him to start process of getting me on dmd..tech or lem would be my preference following research…
TIA…

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@anxious123 , I think you need to concentrate on what is achievable.

You have the previous MRis to start the discussion. You should compile a short, concise list of symptoms that you have had or are having, that you can give to the Neuro.

Whether this would allow a diagnosis to be made or not will then become clear. And, any next steps/tests will be explained.

As far as Disease Modifying Treatments (DMTs) are concerned, these won’t be considered until a formal diagnosis is made.

You should ask about being assigned to an MS Nurse, as it’s their role to help with symptom management. There’s not much available for fatigue, although Amantadine might help. Weak legs and footdrop would ideally be assessed by a Neuro-physio. The MS Nurse should be able to arrange this referral.

If numbness, and other sensory symptoms, are an issue, then medications can be discussed.

Contact your GP for a chat about how you’re feeling about all this and whether anti-depressants should be considered.

Hope this helps

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.