Last reply 1 year ago
Need advice, please 💜

👋 I’m newly diagnosed and have no idea what’s in store for me. Is it possible to live a normal life? I’m a hairstylist and have 4 children and wonder how I can keep continuing doing what I do. Any tips? And how am I to wrap my head around all this without having a breakdown 🙁

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

sandwich
1 year ago

A lot of people live a normal or near normal life for a long time. Do you know what type of MS you have?

It can take a long time to get your head around it all so be kind to yourself.

condansmum
1 year ago

Hi stylistjj. It’s a bit of a shock to the system. But you’ll get there. 🙂 I carried on as if nothing had changed then realised it had! I find sites like this really helpful. It’s people in the same boat who maybe have a wee bit more experience in this and their tips really help. MS is a right bugger but there’s things that can help us.
Good luck xx
Anna x

melissa-g
1 year ago

Being diagnosed is definitely a big shock, but it doesn’t mean your life is over! While things may be changing, it’s all about adapting. Give yourself time to figure out this new aspect of your life. One day at a time as I always say! <3

potter
1 year ago

I went on a DMT as soon as I was diagnosed, started a stretching program that I got going to a physical therapist. I also started cutting out inflammatory foods and adding foods that fight inflammation such as fresh pineapple or frozen pineapple juice. Your gut health is really important so start taking a good probiotic, you might get your Vit D level checked. Mine was so low that it took me 2 years to get it to a normal level and keep it there. There is a lot of other vitamins and such you can take but you need to start out slow and find out what works for you. I try to keep up with the latest research projects but I don’t want to spend the rest of my life on the computer. That is why this forum is so good, everyone shares their latest and greatest information. If you have a question someone will try to answer and if you just want to rant and rave or have a shoulder to cry on were here. Nobody understands what your are going through than another person with MS. Potter

dukes0445
1 year ago

I think it’s very possible to live a normal life. It’s hard to adjust. I was diagnosed just over a year ago and just carried on as normal until my body told me to slow down. I’m probably just starting to realise that I have to slow down. As Melissa-g said, it’s about adapting your lifestyle.

stylistjj
1 year ago

Thanks everyone! I’m still
Going through testing ( ms showed in a neck MRI) so I’m doing the head MRI in a few weeks. I am trying to workout more and remove any added stress in my life. I wonder if there’s things out there I should avoid doing? I will take the advice on pro biotics and pineapple. I’ll try anything right about now. I have a Dr. Appointment tomorrow to see about medication. Does anyone know of anything that helps with fatigue?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.