Last reply 3 years ago
Need advice from California members

Hi
I hope you dont mind me starting this conversation, but I am trying to organise a holiday next year and want some advice on where to go in California. And when to go. Anyone any thoughts? I would be grateful.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

seenjo11
3 years ago

Hi Tiggermum –

How much time will you have? What do you find interesting? It would be easy to spend up to a month exploring one of the larger cities (LA, SF, SD) or specific regions (Monterrey Bay, Yosemite, Eastern Sierras, Redwood Forests, Central Coast, Mojave Desert, Disneyland) as it would to go on a whirlwind tour of as many places possible in the time allotted for your holiday. Spring or Fall would be the ideals unless you plan to be on the coasts or in the mountains…away from hot spots.

tiggermum
3 years ago

Thanks @seenjo11. Mountains, lakes, Forests – no cities. Up to three weeks. No Disney (that has been done many times in Florida). Have agreed to plan this trip, but knowing where to start is difficult. Spring or Fall, that is what I thought – just need to pick!

seenjo11
3 years ago

Eastern Sierras: Mammoth Lakes-Devils Postpile-Bodie(ghost town)-Mono Lake-Bishop-Lone Pine-Whitney Portal-hot springs. If you are at all intrigued by volcanology and sweeping vistas this is the place to be. And if do end up here you must stop in at Schats Bakery (one in Mammoth and one in Bishop). Amazing place. Happy trails.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.