scottevans 03/12/17
Last reply 7 months ago
Neck pain and headaches

Hi all hope you are well and prepared for the festive season that is fastly approaching.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced dull headaches and neck pain where the spine attaches to the skull I’ve had it for several days now and it’s starting to really get to me if so could anybody advice the best medication. At first I was wondering if it’s to do with stress and the pressure I still currently find myself in but I don’t think it is.
Thank you in advance

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
7 months ago

Hi there, the only longer term solution I’ve had for neck and headaches has been amitryptiline. Originally an anti depressant they are also prescribed for headaches and, I understand, some MS symptoms too. But it sounds like yours is a hopefully short term thing, so the usual painkillers including ibuprofen which you can double dose with paracetamol should help. Also, a neck massage from a lovely partner would help I’m sure. In the morning try to do gentle neck stretching, i.e., chin towards chest and head slowly side to side to loosen the attachments. Hope you feel better soon!

mhworden
7 months ago

Hi @scottevans, I suffer from similar symptoms fairly regularly. For me it is mostly a muscle and sometimes an alignment issue. For relief I see my massage therapist and/or upper cervical chiropractor. For self relief, lying down, cup your fingers, raise your elbows above your head and dig your fingers into the space between the base of your ears and your spine. Dig around a bit to find just the right spot. Let the weight of your head help stretch the muscles. Works for me anyway. Hope it can give you some relief too. Topping off with a naproxen or ibuprofen optional:)

Adjusting neck to a neutral position for sleeping (shoulders dropped/neck straight) might help too.

scottevans
7 months ago

Hi mhworden
Thanks very much I have followed your recommendation and it seems to be easing and got a appointment tomorrow at a cervical chiropractor.
Thanks
Again

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.