Last reply 7 months ago
Neck / jaw pain help

Hi everyone need advice

Has anyone suffered from pain in the neck high up below chin and between Adam’s apple area. Pain is very bad but short lived no obvious trigger. The pain can also be around jaw bone on my left hand side.

I have read up about trigeminal neuralgia pain but they don’t seem to mention the pain in the neck area? The pain seems to fit my jaw pain but not my neck.

Teeth all checked and no obvious problems that I can but it down to. I have had Lemtrada and my bloods are up to date and they are all good.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading. Andy

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
7 months ago

@andy365 , your GP is best placed to determine whether it is Trigeminal Neuralgia or not.

Not the most helpful advice on a Friday evening. Sorry. 😉

andy365
7 months ago

Well at least you got the answer to one question correct, no it’s not ☺ but thanks anyway.

finn15
7 months ago

I had similar issue, GP confirmed today probably TN. Gonna Spk MS Nurse too, next week, reckon that’s a wise option
Good luck

lilbird
7 months ago

Hi @andy365 I’m assuming they’ve checked your thyroid recently? I know you said your bloods were fine but I know my thyroid is only added onto monthly bloods every third month so just asking in case it hasn’t been checked as recently?

andy365
7 months ago

Hi lilbird

Yes my bloods are done in full every month only my lymphocytes and Globulin are low. Not sure if it could be thyroid related and have nothing from my bloods. ☹️

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.