Last reply 4 months ago
My SPMS

Reading about everybody’s posts n their medications. I av spms and I’m on nothing a part from gabapentin. I’ve been told by professors, doctors and my ms nurse that there isn’t anything for me to help, medication wise. Is anyone else like me?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

You’re not alone, @rotherhamdave . 🙁

rolly
4 months ago

same same…

storm
4 months ago

Me too 😒

peterfrancis
4 months ago

I have SPMS too and I also am taking Gabbapentin along with Baclofen.

I was told pretty much the same thing as you rotherhamdave and was not eligible to even think about having infusions as they would end up causing more damage/problems as they would not work well with my Type 1 Diabetes.

doubleo7hud
4 months ago

There is not a miracle cure ether way mate (read up,researched till blue in the face tablets just delay the fecker) but there working on it. There are loads of things we can do to manage our symptoms (should take my own advice tho). We’re all in the same boat matey meds or not, just different stages. I’m gonna be just the same I can feel it coming. Not being negative my heads reet, I’m just on my way it’s only matter of time, pills Are just buying me some more time (hopefully) but I’m not in denial about it, accepted it fast. There also probably doing more harm than good as no one really knows exactly what they do 😂 Cross that bridge when I get there. In the mean time I’m getting the bills paid so my baby’s are happy and cared for and still will do the same when my legs are completely gone if I have to crawl 10 miles to work every morning on me face.

doubleo7hud
4 months ago

Half fecked, fecked or completely fecking fecked I’m focusing on living my life as best as I can.

rainbow
4 months ago

Hey @totherhamdave

How much gabapentin are you taking?

rotherhamdave
4 months ago

1800mg a day. Ms nurse has written to gp to up it to help with my left hand tremors which start up when I’m trying to do things. Eg preparing food or lifting objects

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.