Last reply 2 months ago
My Name Is Susiziene I Have MS

Some Days I Dont Want To Get Out Bed. I Can Barely Walk. My Back Got Sprained From A Fall. My MS Makes Me Feel Like A Prisoner In My Own Home. I Live On The 3rd Floor At My Building. Anyone Else Feel Trapped While Everyone Else Is Walking Around Noemally. I Feel Heartbroken. My Aunt And Uncle Have Custody Of My Daughter Because I Can Barely Take Care Of Myself. I Just Feel Like An Animal That Can’t Walk And Need To Be Put To Sleep. I Can’t Find A Boyfriend Because Of My MS. SO Desperate.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

Hi @susiziene_cobbs and welcome.

I’m sorry that you have found yourself in this position.

Your profile is lacking in detail, so I’m unaware of how long you’ve been diagnosed, what type of MS you have and what treatment you are on.

I would hope that you are being looked after medically and have social care helping you.

vixen
2 months ago

Hello @susiziene_cobbs, really sorry that you’re suffering. Not sure where you are, or any other details so it’s hard to know what to say. Except, I’m sure you describe the desolation that we all feel sometimes due to this invader of our lives. Do you get to see your daughter? I hope you have. Better day tomorrow……..

susiziene_cobbs
2 months ago

I Was Diagnosed In 2005. Im On Tecfidera And Ampyra. I Just Feel Trapped.

stumbler
2 months ago

@susiziene_cobbs , I can understand your feelings. MS can be isolating, in various forms.

We just have to adopt a positive attitude, no matter how hard that is. We need to get ourselves out of bed, stretch our legs and get using them.

Do you have any help available to you at home?

susiziene_cobbs
2 months ago

I Live Alone. And Most Of The Hardship I Endure By Myself.

stumbler
2 months ago

@susiziene_cobbs , are you able to get out and how mobile are you?

grandma
2 months ago

I’m one of the old codgers, have had the beast for 25years. Just coming to the end of an ‘annus horrible s’ where I was like you, trapped, but our local council have come up trumps, and I now have a through lift (so I can go upstairs to bed and access my disable bathroom!’ Are you in the UK? Can you get any help with adaptions? I’m guessing USA because you talk about 3rd floor of your building though I must admit Americans usually say apartment. I do know what separation is like, as you’ve probably guessed by the name, I’m a 62 yr old Grandma who hasn’t seen her only grandchild for 6 years, she only lives 2 miles down the road, but I dared to get breast cancer 7 years ago, my daughter was around during the chemotherapy and the mastectomy,but as soon as they were over and done with she manufactured a reason to ‘bug out’ and I haven’t seen her or my darling grandaughter since, 2 years ago my other half of 43 years went as well, I don’t think either if them can cope with2 diseases! So you are not alone , we are the only people we can rely on. Basically, apart from your it medical team, youre on youre own, but there’s nothing wrong with that,we can do anthing, we are survivors but being on this site you’ve taken the first step, there are. plenty of us, all ages,experiences, views,but always here for a natter, answer a question, listen to a rant, celebrate with you, commiserate, whatever you want. Keep your chin up😍

susiziene_cobbs
2 months ago

I’m Living With Limited Mobility. RRMS Has Taken Over My Life. My Seven Year Old Just Asked If Someone Was Helping Me Because It Didn’t Seem Like I Was Getting Better.

stumbler
2 months ago

@susiziene_cobbs, having Relapsing/Remitting MS means that you should have periods of remission. What does your Neuro say about your situation?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.