Last reply 7 months ago
my eyesight has gone funny

Can anyone help? My sight seems really distorted and weird! Its the only way I can describe it! If I cover them up individually, thy r fine, but together its terrible, everythings blurry if I try to see more than 3 ft ahead, even with my glasses. Please help if u can 🙁 xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

DJDsouza
6 years ago

It sounds very much like a relapse. Have had episodes like this in the past which were sorted out with steroids – then everything was all clear 🙂 (literally!)

Anonymous
6 years ago

I also get weird vision. Sometimes blurry and sometimes just very distorted in weird ways. Best bet would be to talk to your neurologist or MS nurse.

kerriejayne
6 years ago

it is possably optic nueritis when the optic nreve swells very common for ms suffers i was actually the first tell tale sign for me even having ms it will clear and calm back down to normal x
kerrie jayne

dom1975
6 years ago

if it is optic nueritis mine lasted for nearly 3 weeks but only affected the right eye half way down,it was the first sign i got to lead to ms diagnosis.it will pass or maybe your stressed?everyone is different & the body works in mysterious ways,its really easy to put everything down to ms,let us know how you get on….

carolyn22
6 years ago

Yeah that’s how I was diagnosed too!! Had sore eyes when I moved them for mths!! Ignored it, now left blind in my bloody right eye!! I also get ODD vision with my ‘good’ eye!! I would get it checked out!! Check it out with your MS nurse, your optition can tell if the optic nerves are swollen too!! I had steroids too but I felt they made me worse!! Don’t ignore things with your eyes( coming from someone who worked in an optitions) xx

anneb
6 years ago

I’ve had this too and ended up with double vision. I went to my opticians who couldn’t actually do anything but gave some reassurance that nothing else was wrong with them. I ended up being referred to the eye hospital, who also couldn’t do anything but I was kept on their books for a while in case anything got worse.
There was no actual treatment but at home, at least, it was a good idea to keep one eye covered so I wasn’t straining the other in an effort to see straight. Hence my memory of the Christmas Day where one of my presents was an eye patch (never worn outside of the house). The eye hospital did suggest clear glasses with one of the lenses covered in ‘magic tape’ as a slightly more stylish alternative.

chueykooh
6 years ago

I have the blurred vision right now. I can’t tell which eye it is, seems like both sometimes, probably the MS symptom I like the least. It’s a scary thing when your vision goes haywire. Been dealing with this for over 2 months now, slowly getting better I think, or I’m just getting more used to it, not really sure 🙂

Lillylilly
6 years ago

You poor thing, I suffer with this often. Get yourself an eye patch, and swap it between eyes regularly so you’re not straining one.

artisus
6 years ago

When I have a similar bout I can only describe it as Picasso-vision. I’ll be watching TV and notice that an actor’s nose isn’t quite where it’s supposed to be… I have a permanently little cloud on my right eye but it doesn’t get any larger and it’s pretty small so I’m not to bothered by it anymore. It helps that I start theorizing on whether or not Picasso had MS. 😉

Anonymous
6 years ago

@ artisus – Your last post made me laugh…a lot. I like your description…hadn’t really thought of it that way, but Picasso-vision is a brilliant way of describing it.

artisus
6 years ago

Humor is what keeps me going. But, seriously: Picasso? Distorted limbs? Sounds incredibly familar. Wish I were I painter, I might be the next great thing!

f3ng5hu1
6 years ago

Optical Neuritis took my left eye out and although the sight came back it is still very fragmented. Perhaps my sight will restore with time: you never know with ms, sometimes things linger sometimes they come and go.

If i close my right eye and look at writing on a page with my left it all appears faint and very fragmented as if bits are missing. Since it happened though i’ve kinda got used to it, though it’s still an impairment at times.

Might be an idea see your opthalmologist and get it checked out.
if it is Neuritis they will be able to advise you best on treating it before it gets out of hand. I was given steroid meds to help tame it back a bit, sometimes steroids can get full eye recovery in such cases though not always.

Hope you get it sorted out soon 🙂

Cedelle
6 years ago

thanks everyone! its crazy how wide this craps symptoms r! close up im fine but anything further away and its game over! i left a msg for the nurse and im due for an mri in a week so lets see whats going on ay!! thanks everyone! much love x

lizajane
7 months ago

This has been the weirdest vision to me the last 2 months…Picasso Vision. I could have diagnosed almost 25 years ago. But, I never followed up on anything until 13 years ago, and even now, 1 mth. After being diagnosed this seems like the last sign for me:( feel like I’m going down fast. Just game myself my first shot of. Copaxone

lissaxox
7 months ago

what you described is sort of similar to what i experienced at the end of february. it started with blurring when i turned my head – not sure the best way to describe it but it was like my eyes were playing “catch up”. within 10 hours i got full double vision/blurring when i opened both my eyes. like you, when i covered each eye individually my vision was perfect – i had a case of binocular diplopia. I had gone to the ER and got an MRI pretty quick. while the MS Nurse and my Dr were also very speedy in getting me a prescription for steroids (3 day dose) sent to my pharmacy, i didn’t actually end up taking it. i was fortunate to regain my usual vision quickly (about 9 days?). in the thick of it, like others have mentioned, i was advised to go to an optometrist or ophthalmologist as it was suggested i could try and get prism glasses to help (for the double vision) or they might’ve been able provide some other course of treatment (depending on the root of the issue) that could alleviate the symptoms while recovering. i was also recommended an eye patch, but i didn’t really care for it – i would tape one down (alternating eyes) or would kind of just keep one closed on my own. it’s definitely not the easiest thing to deal with –
wishing you the best of luck!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.