alli 25/04/15
Last reply 3 years ago
muscle spasms in my legs

Hi, how do I get over spasms that tightens the legs to the point where it’s difficult to walk and breathe, cause when I breathe I feel the pain thru my legs?! Weird, right?! Thanks for reading

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@alli , try stretching the muscles out. There’s some suggestions here :-

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/information/exercises/index_stretching.jsp

although, I hope your legs don’t look like that! lol 😆

alli
3 years ago

@stumbler thank you for that reply! Somewhat thankful my legs don’t look like that! Lol 🙂

zdoo
3 years ago

Baclofen helped me with that but careful with the dosage half a tab or 1 is probably fine. Ask your neuro.

krisp
3 years ago

How early on should you get the spasms? And alli how are you getting on with them?

alli
3 years ago

thx I tried baclofen a couple years ago, but I couldn’t go thru with it cause it messed me up and I couldn’t bare to be messed up and taking care of my kids 🙂 right now I take gabapentin

alli
3 years ago

By the way thank you Zdoo! 🙂

alli
3 years ago

The spasms were quite a couple years ago but have gotten worse since last year or so… I use a walking stick so people don’t think I’m drunk! 🙂 lol. When were u diagnosed (dx)?

krisp
3 years ago

Awaiting diagnosis at he moment
But having more issues every month which is stressing me out a bit
I’ve had the crampy muscles but they come and go, same with the tight legs
i had some days where it would be tight and hard to walk over 200m yet other days I can walk miles

alli
3 years ago

I’m so sorry about that krisp and know and understand how confusing and maddening in can be…don’t let it rush you overas best as you can try. I wrapped my leg with a big ace bandage cause I feel like pressure can suffocate my pain or at least take the edge off…I just try whatever I can to make the best of it I guess, but it still drives me mad in a quiet fashion.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Hi, I do excecises every evening to stretch my leg muscles in the opposite direction and they really help. I do them while watching tv . Try finding a physio who really knows about MS and good luck with managing this symptom.

graham100
3 years ago

Sorry guys. Not trying to be funny but to me you all sound like marathon runners. Lol. 200m. I can’t make my right foot come off the ground it won’t bend at the knee, unless I do deep breathing and totally relax that means that I move one pace every 2mins. That’s holding onto something or someone. And I exercise and stretch all the time, makes no bloody difference. I wish I was as bad as I thought I was 2yrs ago now. I would be happy now. Lol.

krisp
3 years ago

Hey graham how long have you had Ms now?
My problem is I’m only 30 and only had symptoms for around 4 months
I’m away now on holidays and gettung about ok but I don’t want to jinx anything

alli
3 years ago

@graham100
Sorry I laughed out loud about being marathon runners…It’s funny to me because I don’t run, period. Unless one of my kids is dancin on a table! 🙂 too funny, I love and enjoy a good sense of humor!

alli
3 years ago

@krisp
Why would you feel like you are jinxing yourself? Being on holiday should be relaxing! 🙂 so relax, it’s best for us MSers

krisp
3 years ago

Hi alli
Sorry I meant jinx myself when saying I’m walking fine with no issues other than a bit of pain and tightness
I’m actually really enjoying being away and the weathers pretty good it’s lovely

alli
3 years ago

Hey krisp! That is truly wonderful! 🙂 I understand what you mean by not trying to jinx yourself on that note, so we can talk about something else if I would like?!:-) have a great vacation! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.