robb 05/03/18
Last reply 3 months ago
Muscle spasms

Hi everyone I have a question I’m hoping somebody can help me with, I was diagnosed with MS5 years ago primary progressive. My spasms are getting much worse and Are getting out of control, I do use some baclofen and cannabis but they’re still ridiculously bad. I do stretches every other day so don’t know what else to do. My neurologist just wants to throw more baclofen at the problem but that doesn’t sit well with me. Meanwhile I’m getting worse, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Rob

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@robb , having read the following information :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/spasticity-and-spasms

there are other options suggested. But, increasing the Baclofen does seem to be the first option. It’s a question of finding the right dosage, whilst avoiding the disadvantages.

simone2
4 months ago

do you take magnesium? i take up to 600mgs at night and sometimes use magnesium spray for me it really helps,is your cannabis high in cbd? i take cannabis at night high in cbd.

billkittens
4 months ago

I’m a pp mser too with my main symptoms being the ones you describe.

What I’m repeatedly advised by my neuros

Rather strongly

Is to consider the Baclofen pump

To not be put off by what this entails

To reap the rewards of its giving off steady dose

And side effects are fewer ; more tolerable

Than taking high oral dosage

Advice I’m deciding to ignore btw

Wish u well

billkittens
4 months ago

Botox may help

Does me for the moment

Quarterly injections

noelie
4 months ago

Sorry to jump in, I’m RRMS, but have you had a look at the MS Gym? The guy is amazing. You can find him on you tube or fb. Tells you how to massage before stretching, the difference it makes to me is unbelievable. Maybe worth a try?

robb
3 months ago

Thanks for the advice everyone

robb
3 months ago

Hi simone2 Could you tell me where you get your magnesium from?

edmontonalberta
3 months ago

@simone2

See above question…

simone2
3 months ago

I GET MY MAGNESIUM FROM LAMBERTS ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE THEY ARE STRONGER AND DONT HAVE ANY ADDED INGREDIENTS IN.

robb
3 months ago

Thanks

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.