cheryl77 17/06/12
Last reply 5 years ago
muscle pain and stiffness

Going on 4 days now, my entire upper back, neck, shoulders etc. are so tught and painful. I’m basically immobilized because I hardly have any free range of motion. The pain is unbelievable. I have taken anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxer, used moist heat, massage, topical analgesics…nothing has helped! Any ideas?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

5 years ago

This (exactly what you have described) is my main and worst symptom. I’ve been experiencing it for years growing worse as time goes by. I also have it in my legs to a much lesser degree. I think its spasticity.

The only things I can suggest are continued use of the above mentioned therapies and lots of soft stretching like yoga.
I have recently bought a ‘back realignment device’ thing off of as well as a ‘neck muscle relaxation’ tool and a neck and back pillow. Hoping that daily use of these may help relieve some of the tightness and spasms.
here is the link:
Once I get them…this week or next…I’ll try them out and let you know if they work. Really hoping they do.

Also talk to your neuro or nurse and see if there is anything they recommend or can give you for it.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.