Last reply 6 years ago
Multiple Sclerosis…

Avonex – Rebif – Injections – Relapse – Incoordination – Neurological – Lesions – Myelin – Depression – Autoimmune – Swank – Weakness – Tingling – Imbalance – Incontinence – Pain – Blood Tests – Tysabri – Sativex – Wheelchairs – Nurses – Hospitala – Painkillers – Flu Symptoms – Walking Sticks!

‘Nuff Said?? What else is there man?!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

ophelia
6 years ago

Pins and needles and optic neuritis….

namansareen88
6 years ago

That’s all we got to look forward to, yea?

ophelia
6 years ago

C’mon dude we gotta stay positive or it’ll consume us. MS is a steaming pile of s?*# but there’s nothing we can do about it, except stand your ground, raise your middle finger high and carry on regardless!!! Life’s too short as it is!!! And as the old saying goes….what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!!!
F?*# you MS!!!!! (I’m have a vigilante day……can you tell?!!)

namansareen88
6 years ago

I tried standing my ground…turns out it aches TOO MUCH! I also start soiling my ground!

MS has taken my middle finger! And I don’t find it making me any stronger…I wish it’d just kill me so I can be done with it!!

jenko1972
6 years ago

Hi just read your post and wanted to say that there are 100’s of awe inspiring posts right here. I take great comfort in reading the many different ways that people deal with this horrible thing. The fact you have posted is a great positive. I haven’t eaten a digestive or cheeseburger for over a year, is it gonna make me better, I don’t know, will it stop any horribleness, I don’t know. Is it a positive…..Yes.

Take care

Neil

shiller
6 years ago

*gentle hugs* Are you getting any emotional support Naman? If you’re finding things really hard, I’d definitely encourage you to get help for it in some way. <3 Whether it's someone close to you, or getting long-term support from professionals. If you're in a lot of pain / aching, would it be possible for you to see your doc about any medication for relief?
Sending tons of love your way. I hope you feel better soon. x

scotkiwi
6 years ago

I hope you’re feeling better today @namansareen88
Yes there are some really sh!t moments, frustrating beyond belief. But friends, family and doing things that you enjoy can make the dark moments more bearable. I wish you all the best.

cameron
6 years ago

What else is there? I was told early on: ‘there is no inevitable course with MS. It is a wide spectrum.’ Took me a long time to believe that. Also took me a long time to believe that how you live your everyday life DOES affect the illness – for good if you’re doing all the right things and for worse if you get some decisions wrong. In one of my darkest moments, I went to the GP who said I needed help to ‘get back on track and think in the right way’. I took that help (counselling and antidepressants)and did get back. Life is good now and I now don’t think of wheelchairs. Big hugs, get someone positive to help you.

jat721
6 years ago

Spinning… Don’t forget the spinning! 😉

On a more positive note… Living today! We live today better than anyone else because we know what tomorrow may bring. We don’t put things off and keep putting things off until they never happen like everyone else!

djdsouza
6 years ago

@namansareen88 add turmeric to that list…. try half a teaspoon of the spice mixed with hot water and honey and see what difference it makes. It’s made a huge difference to my life with MS in a good way!

Anonymous
6 years ago

Hmmm…may have to try turmeric that way. Been taking it in pill form but haven’t noticed much of a difference.

djdsouza
6 years ago

With taking it in the pill form, you have to wait for the turmeric to go through your stomach……drinking it, is more fast-acting 🙂
(check my facebook group for it https://www.facebook.com/groups/106945212697490/)

danrb80
6 years ago

Reading all these posts is lovely to know that there is someone out there listening and supporting. What is the old saying? A job shared is a job halved. 🙂 hang in there namansareen88

f3ng5hu1
6 years ago

They found my MS via the Optical Neuritis, I’d gone blind in my left eye, the vision returned but I can’t see proper detail through it, it’s like a ‘fragmented’ vision.

I’d love to say something positive about this ‘thing’ we all share and hey, that’s one thing I guess, we share it! How much worse would we feel if we were the only one, singular, who had it! I know that doesn’t make it easier perhaps individually but we do have this ‘bond’ which people who don’t have it can’t possibly have, I guess that makes us exclusive! Rock on 🙂

namansareen88
6 years ago

Everyone, thank you for your replies. I was obviously having one of those days…or weeks, even. I’m not really sure anymore. I’ve felt quite positive since Thursday…took a trip to Manchester and it turned out to be great even though I was shouting profanities at one stage. You know what I found out? Shouting [email protected]!$ while walking only works when you have a crutch/stick….you also have to make the face, that’s vital! People actually look concerned, instead of offended!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.