lemtrada-uk 21/03/17
Last reply 1 year ago
MS therapy centre HBOT- Leeds

I used to have oxygen chamber at Leeds, West Yorkshire many years ago. Since I stopped my MS has become much worse so I’m thinking of restarting. Just wondering if anyone goes to the MS therapy centre in Leeds? Would I need to have my 15 or so sessions at the beginning to get familiar again? How much does it cost?
Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lemtrada-uk
1 year ago

* I meant HBOT (oxygen therapy).

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Not so sure about the oxygen therapy at Leeds lem but I’m waiting for my referral to come through to start treatment at LGI msdebation unit it’s been the longest bloomin two weeks ever staring at the post box in the couple of spare seconds in the day he he

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Give them a bell, is it NHS? Cost of prescription??? Just guessing sorry 😐 there is a way to get free percriptions when have ms I think iv not got that far yet tho

stumbler
1 year ago

@lemtrada-uk , they’ve put up the cost to £15 per session :-

Oxygen Therapy

Yes, there’s normally a recommended intensive course to increase your oxygen saturation levels. But, you might be able to have a couple of sessions to see how you benefit.

Why not ask them the question?

lemtrada-uk
1 year ago

I’ve called them today. I can start as soon as I’m ready. Thinking back, I don’t know why I ever stopped. It was so beneficial. But hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.
I don’t know if I’m physically capable of driving there and back in 15 consecutive days any longer. I wish I had never stopped. Normally going anywhere wipes me out fatigue wise, so I can only imagine what doing so for 15 consecutive sessions will do 😒
I can’t remember what difference the differing atmospheric pressure makes and which atmosphere I used to go at?
@doubleo7hud no it’s not on the nhs. Nice to see a fellow huddersfield MSer 😃. Good luck with your treatment & hope you’re not waiting too long

doubleo7hud
1 year ago

Tar lemsip me old cocksparra, took thee long enough tet come aht ot Yorkshire closet thought me and @tog1 were only ones on shift.

PS up the phookin town!

lemtrada-uk
1 year ago

Haha. UTT

Anonymous
1 year ago

Up the Owls !
I’m smeeling a Leeds meet up on the cards possibly near the station, so I can have a bevvy or two, three, four, five, one for the road, ok just one more half, oh make it a pint. might as well go for the gallon 🙂

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Not sure I remember this right Lemtrada-uk, but from my dim & distance open water diving course with PADI, i think 1 atmosphere is equivalent to the old fashioned 6 ft!…when we started, & as stumbler says something to do with Oxygen Saturation, we were only allowed down to 9 mtrs..wasnt until later we were allowed deeper…good luck & all the best with sessions. Red

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.