sarahshift 28/11/17
Last reply 4 months ago
MS Sessions 2017: Smashed it!

Over the weekend Shift.ms and EMSP welcomed 120 MSers from across Europe to Prague for the first ever MS Sessions…and what a weekend it was!

I’m still processing the weekend and don’t have the right words to express how amazing it was and so I’m going to let the MSers who came along and totally threw themselves in to it do the talking. Below and on the site we’ll be sharing feedback from the attendees, I hope you’ll find it inspiring to hear from everyone.

This weekend was just the beginning. We want everyone who came along to put in to practise what they learnt, to get involved and be active amongst the MS community. If you weren’t there, that doesn’t mean you can’t get involved, dive in, ask us how you can help, let’s drive the Shift.ms community forward together.

“What I liked the most was we all really got on with each and it was like we instantly bonded because we all fight the same enemy. I was really humbled by the whole experience. I feel like there was some kind of change came over me this weekend as strange as that sounds. I feel through this experience I can face anything.” Karen

“Just came back with lots of information to put in practice and to ‘empower’ myself, my life and to be able to help others. I was not seeing things as they should be seen and you guys gave me that drive to make things possible. Thank you all so much.” Filipa

“Such an amazing weekend! I can’t be more grateful to have attended this session and I can’t express how wonderful It was meeting you all and learning so many experiences. I am back home with so many ideas and so much knowledge to implement here. Thank you so much for everything, Hope to see you all soon and keep sharing our points of view.” Jacobo

Big shout out to everyone who made MS Sessions a massive success; attendees, volunteers, funders and the Shift.ms and EMSP – you’re all amazing!

Sarah

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

ant1975
4 months ago

@sarahshift It looked amazing from what I have seen of it on here and twitter . A proper positive and inspiring event . It shows people care and together we can fight and beat MS !!!

zoeb
4 months ago

I’m sure I speak for everyone who was able to come along to the first ever sessions when I say that it was an amazing experience. For me, it was phenomenal to meet so many positive other MSers from so many other countries. Rather than needing to explain how I feel, and not having anyone understand, I was surrounded by so many people who understood and felt the same. It was incredibly liberating to hear people say they had the same symptoms, experiences and offer words of encouragement. For once I wasn’t aware of my weird walking, shaking hand, needing the loo every 3 minutes… I was surrounded by kindred spirits.
The sessions were great, so much information from experts and MSers. After such a jam packed weekend I’m lookong forward to bringing this all back home to my community. Not sure where to start?! The absolute best thing is all of the new friends I’ve gained through ms sessions – not just from the U.K. but across Europe.

I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend ms sessions. It was such a fantastic experience. Thank you again to everyone at shift and emsp. I’m so excited to find out whether you’ll be hosting sessions 2018!

sambillington
4 months ago

@martinp hope you enjoyed this!

martinp
4 months ago

@sambillington yes, what a great initiative!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.