Last reply 3 years ago
MS or winter blues!!!

Hi, I’ve had MS for 14 years, 5 years ago I had to give up driving, today I’m feeling sad, lonely and bored! does anybody else have days like this?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
3 years ago

It’s the weather and the short days. It’s just not conducive to venture out.

But, the days are starting to draw out again now, so it’ll soon be Spring. 😉

northernlass
3 years ago

Hi ShellyBea sorry to read that you are feeling a bit low.. I too have been getting days/evenings like this just recently and I think @stumbler is right it’s a lot to do with shorter days… and maybe the Christmas/New year period can also make us feel low if others seem to be out partying and we are stuck home.. or in my case I have “Cabin Fever” as I have spent so many days/evenings indoors as my legs have gone all wonkey and it’s hard to walk far at the moment.. 🙁 But keep soildering on… can you start planning a spring/summer get away which can lift your spirits and give you something to look forward to.. ?? 😀 keep in touch

gillianstrong
3 years ago

I too have to stop driving,it makes me feel useless and upset cos I have to see my car parked outside my house. It feels like it’s mocking me all the time!! So to make me feel better I sit in it and pretend to drive it like a little kid, making engine noises and wiggling the steering wheel! Everyone that sees me really thinks that I have totally Barmy!

shelley-bea
3 years ago

Thank you for your response, think you are all right, suppose its hard having your old life taken away, Christmas and New Year was a time to party but now its probably best to stay home and the winter months don’t help our situation either! Its sunny in Norwich today and the sunshine really does help cheer you up! Its good to talk to others that go through similar problems as yourself, makes you feel not quite so alone! We must keep smiling, hope your wonky legs soon do the right thing and sort themselves out!

Shelley Bea

shelley-bea
3 years ago

No not barmy gillianstrong! We just playing out our old lives! Thats good! Even after 5 years of my car going, I still miss just jumping in and popping to Tescos

Keep well
Shelley Bea

shelley-bea
3 years ago

Being able to pop in the garden for some fresh air is so lovely, roll on Spring and of course a big coat! 🙂

Shelley Bea

cameron
3 years ago

Ah, yes. ‘Popping’ anywhere is a bit of a challenge these days!

shelley-bea
3 years ago

Totally agree Cameron, I have a great family who helps me out a lot, thought I would be the one doing the helping though! 🙂

Shelley Bea

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.