Last reply 1 year ago
MS or Something else…and what?!

Hi all. I’m 34, a mother to 5 and generally healthy and pretty active. About a year ago I just about passed out at a restaurant. Had a migraine the entire night before. That landed me in the ER and catapulted me into some weird symptoms. The main issues were constant dizziness, migraines, brain fog and then heavy/strange leg feelings followed a few months later. I have seen everyone from an ENT, gynecologist, heart doctors, you name it. My PCP suggested I might have MS and sent me to a neurologist (top 3 in country)After his initial exam (which seemed very vague) and 3 MRI (brain, spinal and lower lumbar) he told me I DO NOT have MS. I also saw another neurologist who confirmed this as well. They said the MRI would show lesions, and my exam showed me to be too “Strong and steady.” I’m relieved but also worried that I have early stages that are going undetected. And if not MS, then WHAT COULD THIS BE?! No one seems to know…..vertigo, heart issues, vision, hormones, lymes disease. as well as a few other auto-immune diseases were cancelled out. Wondering if maybe someone on here knows of something else that could be going on, or has had a similar experience? I was told most likely a virus that would eventually leave me (its been a year, and although I am much better, Im not 100%) or stemming from my migraines (which have also been better) ! Thanks in advance!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

mrss2008
1 year ago

5 children??!! Crikey, I’m 35, have 1 and have regular dizzy spells. You sound like superwoman! Im afraid I don’t have any idea of what your symptoms could lead to but hopefully nothing and you get some answers soon. I’d suggest some rest may be needed. Xxx

potter
1 year ago

There is two types to Lymes disease in the US and I understand the more basic test often doesn’t find the Lymes disease in your blood. I don’t know if you have the same situation where you live. Potter

brittany-leigh
1 year ago

Very good! Lyme disease, you a hiker?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.