Last reply 6 years ago
MS Matters: how depressing??!!

That’s it really. It just always seems to be so full of depressing moany crap!! Much prefer the MS Trust magazine – informative and interesting, rather than just like listening to a bunch of moaning old women!!

Rant over.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

paul2011
6 years ago

just received mine yesterday and now looking forward to reading it! hope its not as bad as you think :-))

tararo
6 years ago

The two articles I read were moan-y (or warnings??). I thought there would be some sort of happy ending, but not this issue 😛 Also, the magazine always says there’s a new publication or link or whatever and they’re NEVER there, really bugs me!!!

Gav
6 years ago

The MS Society has a big problem, they try to please everyone. If you have positive, inspiring stuff people complain about it being too unrealistic, if they have stuff that downtrodden, people get upset because who wants to read about that shit? They need to realise that they can’t please everyone, and to bake a cake, you need to break a few eggs! I just don’t read it, I’m quite happy in my own little, distinctly odd world 🙂 Why not join me? Just make sure your shoes are clean…

tararo
6 years ago

I received a copy of the Motability mag and I am so sick of seeing pictures of ppl in wheelchairs on every page! It drives me nuts – I’m not in a wheelchair and “disabled” does not equal “uses a wheelchair”. Now that’s depressing!

EmS
6 years ago

Hey – how do you get hold of the MS Trust magazine? I can’t seem to find any info on their site!

cameron
6 years ago

Totally agree about MS matters and Motability. I hate soppiness in whatever form. Much prefer MSRC website with its daily reporting of research and serious stuff. Preserve me from anything ‘inspirational’, ‘tales of courage’ etc. We’re just ordinary folk,for God’s sake.

Gav
6 years ago

Wheelchairs can be damned bad ass http://www.mountaintrike.co.uk/ I had a go on one of those bad boys at MS Life 😀

In other, less serious news, my views on mobility scooters http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI8H3HMNs_g

reddivine
6 years ago

Oooh I saw those at MS Life…….looked awesome. One of the firms is actually in my area, in shifnal! However, with a price tag of £3000………yes read it and weep, folks!…..out of MY price range. and you would need a garage for something like that monster.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.