Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

geordie57
8 months ago

What is it?

noelie
8 months ago

no, i’ve only recently looked at the videos on youtube. x

stumbler
8 months ago

@geordie57 , the MS Gym has a Facebook Group, which is a good place to start :-

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheMSGym

noelie
2 months ago

@rachaellouise – i have now, and it’s great.

kathboo
2 months ago

Same here. You won’t regret joining if you haven’t yet, it’s brilliant x

rachaellouise
2 months ago

Yes it’s brilliant . I joined – it’s only about £200 a year!
You can’t beat that and you have tons of information and theirs loads of workouts specific to your issues . It’s great !
I am doing movement camp at the moment ! Think it’s about 6 weeks in all and you do one each day and you go at your own pace.
It’s specific to Neuro issues , you practice and in time your supposed to get new neural pathways to the ones blocked a little bit !
That’s one of the reasons I think it’s worth trying …
He explains a lot about it all.:
It takes a bit to understand then you just get it.
@noelie which program are you doing ? Then their is the companion guides to go with the program if you need extra help say your having neck issues . do you you do those ?
I think it’s worth it for £200 a year isn’t it?
I do mine on the laptop .!im glad I signed up looking forward to seeing the results .

Rachael xx

noelie
2 months ago

Yes i love all the explanations, it’s not my type of exercise but it works and i’m getting used to it 🙂 which movement camp are you doing? i’ve finished MC1 and now on the 2nd week of MC2. There are so many amazing companion guides, knee hyperextension, hip flexor, reducing upper body spasticity are my favourites. I go to the gym every morning and do it on my phone. @rachaellouise @kathboo Are you in the MOC?

@geordie57 have you looked into it?

kathboo
2 months ago

@noelie I’m currently alternating between Mc1 and Standing Strong. The hip flexor companion guide always make me feel so much better straight after. I also like the leg strength and balance circuits. I need to concentrate on foot drop and atm/hand but I can’t do some bits and end up frustrated. Yes I’m on MOC are you? I’m on as Kathryn Boothroyd

rachaellouise
2 months ago

Hi @noelie what’s moc ?

I’m doing movement camp 1 first .
Have you seen that new program with resistance bands? I really like the sound of it . I will stick to movement camp then go on to that one . I think it’s called moving strong . I think this will be great.
What do you do at the gym ? Do you do weights too ?
How long is mc1 ? Well done you !

It’s amazing how tight our hips get!
X

noelie
2 months ago

@rachaellouise MOC members only corner (on fb) – MC1 is 6 weeks. At the gym, i just go on the mat area and do the companion and core program, I felt very self conscious at first but now i just focus on what i’m doing, I also go to yoga and pilates, i had to drop off body pump unfortunately, as body refused to cooperate on too many exercises and i ended up doing wrong movements. Yes finish MC first, how are you finding it? how long have you been doing it? I want to try Moving Strong too but haven’t figured out where to do it yet, flat is tiny, and gym is not equipped 🙁

@kathboo – oh gosh, foot drop, you just reminded me that i’d better get going with it now. off i go – (i’ve just said hi on the MOC)

x

geordie57
2 months ago

Hi @noelie. No gonna look now! I sort of do exercise, pilates and just started swimming but need more ! Gonn look now thanks x

rachaellouise
2 months ago

@noelie
I’ve done 2 weeks so far of movement camp. Starting phase 2 @the weekend
How have the exercise helped you ? X

noelie
2 months ago

@rachaellouise i could barely walk in January, now i can (still limited of course, but i can do 1km some days, better than wall crawling 🙂 ). It’s reducing tightness and rebuilding muscle in my weak leg, the imbalance between the left and right is reducing. I can engage my glutes, my knee hyperextension is under control, my hip flexor is stronger, my ankle is more flexible, less foot drop. I have been working on my arm recently and i can straighten it so i can swim semi decently again, soon i’ll get my lats to fire again 🙂 Less fatigue. It feel so good to move my body without it being a constant struggle. Well so much benefits, so much improvement in a few months – I do put the work in, over one hour every day, so worth it. Do you have symptoms you need addressing? did you get the invite to the Members Only Corner group on FB when you joined? x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.