Last reply 8 months ago
MS and Babies

Hi, I am Christelle and have been diagnosed with MS in 2014 after losing feeling and movement in my left leg which has since been treated and have full feeling and movement again. I stopped treatment in December 2016 as we found out I was pregnant and gave birth in July 2017 to a beautiful healthy baby girl called Caitlyn. I would like to know is there any mommies out their who had a second baby or can give me any advice on having a second child. The reason I am asking is as I had a relapse in September 2017 and this time it is affecting my right eye? I am not getting any advice from my Neurologist and the Gynea is happy as I had a very easy pregnancy #veryconfused

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

sarah_irwin
8 months ago

Hi
I went on to have a second child and dont regret my decision at all. Im not 100% certain but i think the chances of a relapse after giving birth is higher. I had relapses after both of my babies. All i know is i wanted to live life to the full as none of us know whats around the corner, regardless of having ms or not. The only thing i did notice, when in labour with my second child, i got tired really quickly because of my ms fatigue so had to have a c-section in the end.
I wouldnt let your ms put you off having another child, they are such gifts xxx
Sarah

grandma
8 months ago

I agree with Sarah, I’m a grandma now and things have changed, I didnt know about the ms 40 years ago but I don’t think it would have changed my mind!

amanda85
8 months ago

Hi Christelle,
I have a 3.5 year old and 20 month old. I had what the neurologist called a ‘pseudo relapse’ after my second son which only lasted a short time but still left me unable to walk for that time. Since then I have recovered and I am so glad that I had my second son.

ebaldwin
8 months ago

Were any of you on tecfidera when you found out you were pregnant ? X

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.