Last reply 3 years ago
MRI – to have or not to have!

To have or not to have – MRI

To have another MRI or not is the question!

Long story short:

Diagnosed out of the bue with MS after nasty attack Dec 12.

Undiagnosed with MS and diagnosed with a CIS April 2013 (very high risk of MS).

Further MRI September 2013 and no change. CIS diagnosis stands.

Started Rebif shortly after.

Another MRI now booked – at my request I may add.

I saw my neuro recently and asked for another MRI. I’ve had no symptoms / episodes but two years on I still worry. Part of me needs to know what’s going on with my brain, part of me doesn’t want to know. If my brain shows new lesions obviously I will be diagnosed (2nd time around). If it doesn’t then that great news although it doesn’t change the overall prognosis so still worry.

I think I am at the point now where I’ve (almost) accepted my fate whatever that may be. I’m less anxious this time around as I’ve had a longtime now to prepare. I find the uncertainty worrying. I find the idea of being diagnosed worrying. I find the idea of being diagnosed but not being eligible for a stronger DMT worrying. My initial diagnosis came as a real shock and rocked my world.

I’ve had my MRI appointment come through and now I’ve got cold feet.

Part of me thinks its best not knowing and keeping the status Q but then I already feel like i’m living it due to the constant worry. My head says do it as whatever is going on with my brain is happening anyway and I best know about. Either way it may help me move on. My heart says I’m not ready to deal with it but then I don’t think I’ll ever feel ready.

No point to this thread really and I realise I have typed the word worry several times! Just wondered if anyone else has found themselves in a similar predicament and can offer some friendly advice.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@sandwich , I think the phrase, “Better the devil you, than the devil you don’t” is appropriate here. 😉

jonesbear
3 years ago

I had a MRI recently because of worries about cognitive issues and numbness on my left side,I wasn’t particularly looking forward it but it was over quickly and not as bad the first one I had leading to my diagnoses,the results came back as no new lesions which was a big relief. I’m glad I had the scan as it bought some peace of mind. If the scan had come back showing more lesions i would have been recommended for dmt so hopefully they would help,I think on my part I’m glad I went and it does help knowing some of what’s going on with my ms.
I hope this has been of some help.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.