lilacbutterfly 21/12/17
Last reply 6 months ago
MRI results No diagnosis

Following up from my last post I got a letter from the Neurologist saying that my recent MRI scan compared with last one in June showed the 3 lesions on my brain are less prominent and there is no sign of any new inflammation which is good. When she says the lesions are less prominent I’m presuming they are still there! Will they eventually go? I’m still getting headaches and neck pain and also pins and needles in my arms and legs. I have to wait until an appointment comes through in January to discuss ☹️

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
6 months ago

Hi @lilacbutterfly MS lesions can shrink, grow & disappear. New ones can also appear. Generally the size, location & quantity of lesions will govern how the MS manifests itself physically or cognitively. There are other conditions, ( isGuillain-Barré syndrome is an example), that can give symptoms similar to MS. Your neurologist will closely assess your scans & discuss them with you. To have a 100% guaranteed MS diagnosis you will need a lumbar puncture where they test your spinal fluid. I know it’s terribly frustrating but it just a case of waiting on your neurologist appointment to come through & trying not to worry….

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.