Last reply 6 months ago
MRI results after 7 years diagnosis

Hi 👋🏻 I’m back after a long break.

I received my MRI results from the hospital today and I’m both happy and feeling empty.

Letter reads:
Some of the lesions apparent on the previous scan have become less prominent and only two new small lesions were seen.

In other words there is no evidence on the scan that your Multiple Sclerosis has advanced significantly. Given that you haven’t had a relapsed, this is what we might have expected.

I’m happy because Avonex is working correctly and suppressing my RRMS.

I find is strange that I remember my relapses before I was diagnosed clearly and since had a couple more I know but I don’t really remember them as clearly as the first two.

It might be the way I deal with my MS as to why I can’t remember them clearly. I just don’t know what to think when it comes to these results, maybe I need to see the scans and that might put me into perspective but I will have to wait until January 2019 when I see my neurologist next.

Any how, just thought I would share my experience.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

beefree
6 months ago

Ah, that’s great news, glad you’re happy!

What is it that you feel unsure about? Might you be able to communicate with your neurologist via your MS nurse? Or is it definitely about seeing it for yourself rather than a more detailed explanation?

stumbler
6 months ago

Long time, no see, @mrvelocity .

Given what you’ve been told, perhaps you just need to accept that you are now managing your MS. Maybe, even reasons for some optimism.

But, how are you generally?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.