Last reply 3 months ago
MRI on Wednesday

Hi I’m having an MRI scan on Wednesday and have a few questions. I’m having head, spine cervical and spine thoracic scan done, is this normal to,have all 3 areas scanned? I know people have said they have had brain scans but not seen any posts about all 3 areas. Is it a good or a bad thing to be having all 3 done. Is the doctor more worried? I’ve read replies on other posts that results usually come back in about 2 weeks, is this usually the case in the uk? I’m having my MRI done at one hospital and already have a date to see a consultant at a different hospital and I’m worried about the results being available at the right time and place. (I’ve been having tests to discover what’s wrong for quite a few years and have wasted weeks when I’ve turned up for appointments and results aren’t available).
Think I just needed to rant a bit, my brother has been seriously unwell for the last 8 months so don’t feel I can burden my family with any more problems, especially as the scan might show I haven’t got MS.
All for now X

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

buitenmus
3 months ago

I had 2 scans a few time (head and spine), not sure what the third one is for. I guess it’s just to get the whole picture. I wouldn’t worry if I were you.

staying-connected
3 months ago

I always get a full spine and brain scan. I think it’s great to keep tabs on everything πŸ™‚

staying-connected
3 months ago

Sounds to me like they are being thorough which is a good thing. If your having an MRI best to get fully checked to avoid having to go back in a hurry.

grandma
3 months ago

They usually do the brain and brain stem which can go down quite a long way so don’t worry, it’s nice to hear of them being so thorough! 😍

stumbler
3 months ago

@hugshurt , as mentioned above, this is just a more comprehensive scan.

If you’re worried about wasting your time at this already arrange appointment, give the Consultant’s Secretary a phone call a couple of days earlier to confirm they have the results. πŸ˜‰

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.