Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

abhishiv90
1 year ago

I have a MRI done, once a year.

sonya74
1 year ago

Thank you. We are based in Liverpool Walton centre and have had very little support.

potter
1 year ago

I haven’t had one since I was diagnosed, I haven’t had a relapse either. My neuro would like to do one just to look around. My health insurance doesn’t cover it so I would have to pay the $3,000 myself. If I had any new symptoms I would reconsider it. Potter

Partly with mris you might consider every year in the beginning and then backing off a bit. A question to ask yourself is what would I do with that information depending on different things it may say? If the answer sometimes is there is nothing I would do differently then it might not be as pressing to get done. Are you on any dmts right now?

spunky
1 year ago

Once a year and they even push it further if you haven’t experienced any symptoms.

sonya74
1 year ago

It’s my partner who has RRMS he’s currently taking copaxone injections. He’s had a few new things happening like this electric shock symptoms in his head and spasms in his foot, but they said it’s not a relapse. We are just so confused at the moment.

ma1984
1 year ago

My neurologist said I’m not going have any (I only had one 3 years ago ) , as number of changes like new lensions apparently don’t mean you are getting worse ?!?! And if you feeling ok they wouldn’t change your treatment anyway?

stumbler
1 year ago

@sonya74 , the following website will explain the definition of a relapse:-

https://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms/relapsing-remitting-rrms

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Hiya @sonya74, Had mine after my neurologist at Hinchenbrooke at the time, (August 2011) got involved, who said lets get MRI done to see whats going on & to stop the tests phaffing around…..have had tingling & numbing Left hand, with leg issues (still have) since March that year…had MRI & he said it was MS……..really great bedside manner 😁……none since……Nuero & MS Nurse (2017) now says nothing further to report, don’t seam worth it, so MRI not needed!…….go figure …..

stumbler
1 year ago

@red-suzuki , if there are no signs of disease progression, then there would seem little point of having an MRI.

BUT, if you want some reassurance of this situation, then ask them to do another scan. We have to be our own advocates to get the treatment we want.

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Thanks @stumbler will do, I think as things seem to be progressing now….

isaacson72
1 year ago

I was diagnosed in Jan. 2016. My neurologist had me do an MRI 1 year after diagnosis, and wants me to do one more in another year. After that, he said getting another MRI isn’t necessary until there’s reason to (another relapse).

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.