Last reply 2 months ago
MRI brain & spine today

Hi all, I have my MRI check up for brain and spine today. I don’t believe I’ve had any new MS symptoms but I have been under a lot of stress. Yesterday I had the worse headache which is so uncommon for me. I’m sure it was emotionally driven (issues at home). I did fear that it would give me a worse MRI result. Crazy thinking I guess, but I am on 7mg Aubagio and if my mri results are not good my neuro will want to put me on something stronger. I don’t like the MS drugs as I worry about what they are doing to the rest of my body. Sometimes my glands go up and I feel it’s my body trying to cope with these toxic drugs. My neuro says in gest, “I don’t get people with MS today, a decade or more ago they were begging for more medicines, now we have them, you don’t want to take them”… That is usually enough to make me laugh and take the prescription. BUT I still wish the drugs could be kinder to the rest of my body such as major organs I’d like to stay squeaky clean and healthy for life! So here is hoping for a great MRI result so I can buy some more time for a less toxic MS drug to hit the market. Fussy? Maybe I am, but I only get one body in this lifetime 😉

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
3 months ago

Hello @staying-connected, all the best for your mri today! I know what you mean about the toxicity of DMDs. But I think emotionally, you can counter balance that with a healthy diet and positive attitude. Similarly, I do understand people who choose not to take the DMD route. I guess the thing about MS is that it’s a totally individual battle we are all fighting, and we have to make our own best choice for ourselves and for our own reasons. Being an MS warrior is a miserable burden, but always a comfort to know that there are lots of us out there who understand each other! We are a special gang indeed 🙂 x

staying-connected
3 months ago

Thanks @vixen I’m on the bus to my MRI, it’s a long hour ride. Your message brightened my day. Many thanks 🙂

hmcampos
3 months ago

Drugs or no drugs are a personal choice. Side effects are in many cases minimal, so that’s a positive point to take into account.

How did it go? :p No news = good news?

H

staying-connected
3 months ago

Hi @hmcampos thanks for your reply. Not sure yet, I see my neuro in a few weeks.

hmcampos
3 months ago

Dont forget to keep us up to speed.

H

staying-connected
2 months ago

@hmcampos the appointment was good. MRI showed no change. It’s just my vitamin D that’s too low so I’ll take the drops more frequently. And a reminder to manage my stress levels as too much stress can promote MS activity which we don’t want. Thanks for you support. Have a great day 🙂

hmcampos
2 months ago

@staying-connected,

Those are very good news! Happy for you, keep those vitamin D levels up and stress levels downs and be strong, mentally and physically.

Have a wonderful day.
H

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.