Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@jolea , unfortunately, it’s the nature of the beast, a progressive, degenerative condition.

It’s good that you have no further defined lesions. However, MRI scans aren’t able to pick up everything that is going on.

Additionally, your brain has to work overtime in trying to re-route nerve impulses around the damaged areas. Over time, this becomes more difficult.

noelie
2 weeks ago

Because your body has been compensating. Muscles weakness / Imbalances are now catching up with the nerve damage. It requires putting up the time and effort on neuroplasticity exercises to try and correct it. I can point you in the right direction if you’re interested.

sam10
2 weeks ago

@noelie
Hi, I’m interested in Neuroplasticity Noelie. Can u help me pls.

noelie
2 weeks ago

@sam10 check out The MS Gym with Trevor Wicken. You can find a bit on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/thorwick

However I recommend you join his Facebook group. There is a free group with circuits depending on which issue you’re having, lots of motivational and informative videos (search for BGB and threat bucket to name a few, there is a LOT to absorb). I’ve joined his membership in May ($1 per day) and relearning how to walk properly and undoing some of the damage caused by assistive devices (that I see as a short term solution that makes things worse in the long run). Anyway I wish I had known about him earlier in my diagnosis. It’s not an easy and straightforward road but I believe it’s our best option to date, he knows his stuff. (And I’m a skeptic 😊)

Great to see you want to take control over MS. Good luck x

noelie
2 weeks ago

@sam10 if you join the free FB group (closed group so link won’t work if you’re not a member) try this one https://www.facebook.com/trevor.wicken/videos/10207792215843831/ it helps me for hand function

sam10
2 weeks ago

@noelie,
Thank you

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.