Last reply 1 week ago
Moving forward

Thanks for all the “Welcome” messages – you are a lovely bunch of people 😊

I’ve just had an appointment at Addenbrooke’s MS department. They are great people who actually told me to join you lovely guys, which I had done already!!

I have been given the option of going on Tecfidera. I am leaning towards trying it but was wondering what other people’s experience was on them?

I know there will be side effects, which I may or may not get, but how did everyone else get on with them?

Thanks 👍👋

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
1 week ago

Hi @joanna_cree welcome for the second time, is you go ahead with the Tecfidera you can join the sub group with us Teccys. All the side effects are ‘as what it says on the tin’. Usual things are itching and flushing, everyone is different but usually lasts 1/2 an hr or do, when you on full dose after a fortnight you usually get a bad tum for a day or so in week 3 but again everyone is different and some people, several months on, are still getting a funny tummy but I’ve been on it for just over a year and everything seems ok. After 23 years of sticking a big needle in myself once a week, taking 2 tablets a day on Tecfidera us a joy. All major side effects settled down after 8 weeks. Good Luck with whatever decision you make🤞😜

stumbler
1 week ago

@joanne_cree , a “Tecfidera” tag has been added automatically to the bottom of your post above. Selecting this tag will access all previous content involving Tecfidera. 😉

highlander
1 week ago

@joanne_cree
As @grandma said and after reading what’s in the tab.
I’ll advise you of one more thing stock up on handkerchiefs , just in case…they make my nose run like a stream at the most inappropriate times, nothing worth worrying about, just a little annoying.
Happy trails.

vixen
1 week ago

Hello @joanne_cree. I am a Teccie. Was this the only DMD your neuro discussed with you? Great that you’re feeling well supported x

joanne_cree
1 week ago

Hi vixen. Yes, i’m not good with needles so tablets were really the only option!! No doubt if they aren’t right for me then needles it will be!!
How have you found them? X

vixen
1 week ago

Hi, I was very fortunate never to have had side effects in over two years. If you do a search on here there are loads of tips. I feel that this DMD is the best for supporting as close to a normal life that you get manage. I hope it goes Ok for you!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.