Last reply 2 weeks ago
Motor Imagery

I found this and thought it was worth sharing, and just cut n pasted the useful intel

I gettin started the morrow!

:- good luck everyone, did a comedy fall off my scooter and injured everywhere, inc cog function!
U donโ€™t need details, but er painful and incacipatin spring to mind!

Anyway!

,MS research update – 18 April 2016

Summary
Motor imagery (MI) is a technique where somebody thinks about moving their body in a certain way without actually moving. This technique is commonly used by athletes to rehearse movements and skills to improve their performance.

This study investigated the use of MI in people with MS, by combining it with music with a strong beat or a metronome to see if walking could be improved just through these mental practice sessions. Participants in the test groups received MI training session CDs and were instructed to practice for 17 minutes a day, six days a week for four weeks.

When compared to participants in the control group those in the groups who had performed MI to a beat (music or metronome) could walk significantly faster and further, as well as having improved fatigue and quality of life.
The study demonstrates that using mental imagery and practice to a beat could be a safe and effective way of managing and improving walking difficulties in people with MS.

Worth a months. try

And try we must, to help each other to to help ourselves as well, right? โœจ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’–โ˜ฎ๏ธโœจ

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

potter
3 weeks ago

That is a interesting concept, it is sounds like what happens to you when you are throwing on a potters wheel. At certain points you need to relax different muscles in your arms and hands in the process. You can’t change your position at the wheel, you have think the tension out of your hands before you move them. Potter

teresapascolat
2 weeks ago

Yes, Mermaidia11, that is exactly what I do, because I need to, everytime before moving. Just thinking before doing anything…it does really help! Ah, the power of the mind! Not doing it was my way of dealing with things some years ago but learning is part of the whole thing, isn’t it?
Take good care ๐Ÿ’š๐ŸŒธ

doubleo7hud
2 weeks ago

Ey up mermaidy lady hope thas well lass gonna try this out reet fancy slapping some bangers on.

doubleo7hud
2 weeks ago

mermaidia11
2 weeks ago

Eh up mukka! Good to have u back
Iโ€™ve been quiet cos of summer hols n comedy scooter falls
Howz them dildos of yours?!
Aye lad, a bit of bass an some visualisations are workin a treat. Used my rollator in a public place for first time in six months.

Feelin like noddy on a scooter was wearin a bit thin.
So defo recommend the motor imagery kids!
That link you posted was also fab, thanks lad
๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’–โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿงœโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’•

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.