Last reply 1 year ago
Mortgage advise

Looking for a bit of advise. I was diagnosed with rrms November 2015 and I was lucky enough that my critical illness insurance paid out so I paid my house off. I am under the impression that I would never be able to get another mortgage? I still work so does my wife. I would like to buy a bigger house in the futre. is anyone in the same position or was?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@bungle , a diagnosis of MS should have no bearing on an application for a mortgage. After all, the mortgage is secured on the property. You don’t pay the mortgage, then the property gets repossessed.

In your case, I should imagine that you’d have a fair amount of equity going into this transaction, so your “mortgage to value” ratio would be well in your favour.

Now, any form of life insurance, e.g. mortgage protection, would be a different proposition……

sandwich
1 year ago

Should have no bearing. I got one post diagnosis. No critical illness cover though.

pjones9700
1 year ago

I’m in exactly the same positoln( I need to move as have changed jobs) I went for the mortgage application with the bank and was open and frank. The lady at the bank said they don’t care what illness I have. There is also no issue with insurance, only thing discussed on tiger side is that it is my responsibility to ensure I have adequate life insurance.
You should have no issues if what I experienced is anything to go by

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.