Last reply 2 months ago
More help ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

So Iโ€™m having more adaptation work on my council ground floor flat. Iโ€™ve been granted to have a ramp installed outside my front door . So thatโ€™ll be easier for me. No more struggling to climb my step anymore plus itโ€™ll be good for when I get my scooter

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the โ€˜xโ€™.

rmdaniels
2 months ago

Congrats @rotherhamdave!
Glad you got some good news to occupy your thoughts today! Hope it just keeps getting better! ๐Ÿ˜Š

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

A cure will do ๐Ÿคช

grandma
2 months ago

Hi @ rotherhamdave so glad to hear that someone else is benefitting from mr council’s efforts. I had a huge ramp put in last year for just the same reason as you, and I can now drive my mobility scooter or electric wheelchair straight into my downstairs hall, it’s great๐ŸŽ‰ So that, along with my lift to go upstairs, has been a real boon and hopefully means I can stay in my home for a long time๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜œ

highlander
2 months ago

@grandma @rotherhamdave
Who do you talk to in the council?
And I own my own home so can I still apply? And how?
Thanks in advance.

jo_buckland
2 months ago

Glad to hear youโ€™re getting help, Iโ€™m sure itโ€™ll make things a lot easier for you!

grandma
2 months ago

@ Highlander I too own my own home, get in touch with your local council, ask to see their Occupational Therapist. I have had to sign papers in case I sell the house within the next 10 years would have to repay them on a sliding scale for the lift. No charges with the ramp, though that must have cost nearly as much cos I had 2 big steps to my front door, very long drive, and the ramp extends more then half way down! It took 18 months from start to finish but more than worth waiting for. I think initially they had to talk to ms nurse to confirm situation, but as hospital insisted council put me in downstairs loo 10 years ago I must have already been on their list. Good Luck๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

grandma
2 months ago

Sorry @highlander capital letter crept in

highlander
2 months ago

@grandma
Thank you, very informative cheers.

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

al just play the waiting game na. At least itโ€™s in process of getting started

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.